Toys other than motorcycles you wish you still had...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now my Dad had some I wanted Triumph 650 tiger BSA victor 440 seems like he had lots of different bikes but those two were my favorite .. He also liked late 60's mustangs too I was to young for him to pass them down .

I would like to have my 69 Nova back that was my first car & I would also like to have my V8 Chevy Luv back. I can see me having another one of them in the next couple years.

The Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon already came w/a V8 starting in 2009, and those should be getting low-enough in price now to be affordable. Modern safety, and an LS series is almost a straight drop-in. I know, the fun of doing it yourself, and searching the boneyards for the right parts for the ride, but how many of those LUV's are left now?

These guys can make it easier: http://www.currentperformance.com/

bkgrd_1-900x400.jpg

LS engine, supercharged, in a Chevy Colorado http://www.currentperformance.com/our-work/2009-colorado-ls7-engine/

Now if you like the S-10/Sonoma instead of the LUV, why, they have all sorts of parts to build a V8 w/an LS-series powerplant!

The Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon already came w/a V8 starting in 2009, and those should be getting low-enough in price now to be affordable. Modern safety, and an LS series is almost a straight drop-in. I know, the fun of doing it yourself, and searching the boneyards for the right parts for the ride, but how many of those LUV's are left now?

These guys can make it easier: http://www.currentperformance.com/

bkgrd_1-900x400.jpg

LS engine, supercharged, in a Chevy Colorado http://www.currentperformance.com/our-work/2009-colorado-ls7-engine/

Now if you like the S-10/Sonoma instead of the LUV, why, they have all sorts of parts to build a V8 w/an LS-series powerplant!

There are still a few luvs around and I just like them. I had a bunch of people tell me get an s 10 to but there is a big weight difference between the 2 plus I like the luv. I have to do something I really want next time after doing all this work on a car I never really cared for.

Got the toy , still out in the yard...1969 model...

images

AND , still have the high school girlfriend...1966 model...

Both in very good condition , considering the mileage...:biglaugh:

My 68 Charger R/T is one I wish I had never let get away. It had a loud transmission pilot shaft bearing. $12 to fix at the time. I got it for $400 then.

Never would have figured you for a Mopar guy Steve...:ummm: More like a VW microbus with hippy pics and colors all over it...:th_rockon:

:rofl_200:

My 1973 Camaro. I never thought to go to a track or dyno it, but it pulled about a foot wheelie with the right tires. I had a lot of fun in that car. Lucky to be alive. It was a flame throwing beast that no 19/20 year old had any business driving.

wow, if i could just have a few of my old cars back
1971 chevelle (heavy chevy)
1969 chevelle (i wrapped it around a tree)
owend 3,1967chevelles

And those are just what i had before i turned 21

also owned a ford mavrick grabber ,with a 302 and a 3 speed on the floor.fun fast lil car.
had a 78 trans am (big block 4 speed , no t tops)

I miss my 1986 honda trx250r four wheeler, that i raced for 8 years.

but i always wanted a 1985 vmax. just like the one my buddy owned in 1988.He sold the bike.
then i found the same bike 14yrs later. And the 2 owners of the bike only put 4,000 miles on it.
in all that time.
It's hard to miss other toys when you own a VMAX.

Never would have figured you for a Mopar guy Steve...:ummm: More like a VW microbus with hippy pics and colors all over it...:th_rockon:

:rofl_200:

Mopar blood runs through my veins Matt. I love that prom date sitting in your yard. She is a sweet ride. We were the underdog back in the day, against the small block Chevy's. A righteous motor itself. There's a 68 Charger over in RI still sporting one of my motors. I'll take a pic next time I'm down there. It's an immaculate restoration. Always been more redneck swamp Yankee, than flower child.
biglaugh.gif

Steve-o

I wish I still had my MP5 there was just something about the way it felt. I never used it bought it as an investment piece still regret the sale.

Like ga_max, I also had an '82 Mustang GT. I bought it off one of my firefighter friends needing some work, nothing major. I fixed it and drove it for years, had it painted twice, and sold it to buy a nice sensible Volvo 240 DL to go to graduate school. The GT was a fun car to drive, much more fun than my Z28 I had at the same time, or the 1977 Smokey & the Bandit Trans Am I had before them. Here's a pic of the same model, this was not my personal car, but mine was the same model, and I still have a pair of Hurst T-Hatches in their vinyl & fur-lined bag. I bought the Trans Am from the original owner, very reasonably.
ALH-pontiac-firebird-trans-am-discontued-car-model.jpg

Back