UFO Dragstar is on, my thoughts....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whips07Max

Reaction score
I finished installing the UFO Dragstar today, this thing it is LOUD. It was a pain in the a-- but it was worth it IMO. Everything else still stock, I noticed I didn't have to choke the bike to get it to start. I live pretty high up in the mountains, elevation approximately 2500 feet. I took it for a ride through town and everybody outside was staring. It does indeed sound like a big block chevy, totally different sound than the Harleys and the metric cruiser with the single pin crank. This is definitely not an exhaust for someone who doesn't like some noise. The fit and finish of the exhaust seems pretty good, was it worth the $895 I paid??? Well, it makes me want to ride my Max even more now, so I'd say yes. UFO cycles had it in stock and I had the pipes within 24 hours after paying for them, so shipment was fast. I had a question during installation regarding exhaust leaks, I left a message and never got a callback, is this a coincedence with what others have said regarding UFO's poor service after the sale? I don't know. But I figured it out on my own - do not overtighten, just beyond snug is fine. I recommend this exhaust for someone wanting loud pipes that make your V-Max get noticed. Just my opinion folks, later.

Whip:thumbs up:

I finished installing the UFO Dragstar today, this thing it is LOUD. It was a pain in the a-- but it was worth it IMO. Everything else still stock, I noticed I didn't have to choke the bike to get it to start. I live pretty high up in the mountains, elevation approximately 2500 feet. I took it for a ride through town and everybody outside was staring. It does indeed sound like a big block chevy, totally different sound than the Harleys and the metric cruiser with the single pin crank. This is definitely not an exhaust for someone who doesn't like some noise. The fit and finish of the exhaust seems pretty good, was it worth the $895 I paid??? Well, it makes me want to ride my Max even more now, so I'd say yes. UFO cycles had it in stock and I had the pipes within 24 hours after paying for them, so shipment was fast. I had a question during installation regarding exhaust leaks, I left a message and never got a callback, is this a coincedence with what others have said regarding UFO's poor service after the sale? I don't know. But I figured it out on my own - do not overtighten, just beyond snug is fine. I recommend this exhaust for someone wanting loud pipes that make your V-Max get noticed. Just my opinion folks, later.

Whip:thumbs up:

Glad you're happy and yes it's normal for him to leave you hanging for a while... You will probably get a phone call from him in a couple weeks... (speaking from experience)

Chris

You will ALWAYS have to leave a message.

I've always left a detailed message and he's always gotten back to me in no more than 24 hours.

He could really use a secretary but I guess she wouldn't be much good for anything except taking messages either.....that and B.J.'s when business is slow....:biglaugh:

You will ALWAYS have to leave a message.

I've always left a detailed message and he's always gotten back to me in no more than 24 hours.

He could really use a secretary but I guess SHE wouldn't be much good for anything except taking messages either.....that and B.J.'s when business is slow....:biglaugh:

Don't you mean HE???

:rofl_200:

3 weeks before he called me back on exhaust... Had bought my Holeshot's by then... T.G.

:eusa_dance:OK I'll let it go...

To answer your question, Frosty72, the pipes are ceramic coated from the cylinder heads to the 2-1 merge collector, then 304 stainless including the muffler..........here's the link:

http://www.ufocycles.com/UFO_Page.php?title=UFO Vmax DragStar Series Exhaust&type=product

As I said before,I really like this exhaust and would recommend it if your thinking about it or know someone who is, lot's of looks and compliments so far. Makes the V-Max sound like the hot rod that it is. Really LOUD...My friend heard me start my Max the other day and said "damn, that think sounds like a top fuel dragster" and he knows nothing about the V-Max's, so I guess I achieved my sound goals..:clapping::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::clapping:
Now, should I jet or not:ummm:...........it runs awful good the way it is IMO...we'll see!!!! Later...........

Whip

he states theres a removable baffle, how is the sound with and without? can you put other baffles in to quiet it down if lets say the police yell at you?

I don't know, I've only ridden my bike with the baffle and it's very loud, without the baffle in it would probably be just plain ridiculous, IMO. I would think that one might be able to put another type of baffle in it to quiet it down though if needed. But with or without the stock baffle it is loud. I think as long as I keep off the throttle when around the police I'll be OK, except they can here me coming/going for a mile away when on the throttle........It's actually pretty cool that later I can go with the quadzilla dual muffler or megaphone if I wanna change up the look too.

Whip

I have UFO on my 2007 which I am selling to put Mark's 4 into 2 on. I know a lot of you have had bad experiences with Jon but I have to say even though I'm selling my UFO pipes because they are too loud for me and the hick fargo ND cops :) He has always answered the phone and although kinda short he always answered my questions.

I called him about 4 times total and never had to leave a message. Just my 2 cents

Ron

yes you will have to rejet. I have the Drag Star & the stage 7 complimented it VERY nice. The baffle is removable & Its stupid loud when its out. I love stuff loud & im hesitant to go anywhere other than a short trip with it out.

Back