Upgraded voltage regulator?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramrod310

Reaction score
Whats up v max heads?? Im new on the forum and I heard this was a good site to talk about possible upgrades for the v max? So does any body know where I can get a better voltage regulator that will work for the v max? the stock one just does not put out enough volts. anybody?

I use the venture regulator. Can pick them up used on ebay pretty cheap. I just soldered in all my connections and am charging 14.9 volts. It doesnn't mount in the stock location. I think others have had success with the R1 regulator.
A big thin is making good connections by soldering them.

Jim

There are any number of aftermarket R/R units that work fine. You can even find them on EBay. Figure less than a hundred bucks shipped.

Before buying better charging system parts, you may find a significant improvement by just eliminating the two OEM harness and do a direct connect (solder best) or good crimps between the R/R to battery and alternator to R/R

rick

If soldering the connection doesnt in the harness doesnt do the trick...

I run a regulator off a 2005 R6. I couldnt be happier!!! R1 and R6 are the most common swap but many will work with great results.

Back