Urgent:Stock Flywheel needed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylander

Reaction score
Does anyone have a spare stock flywheel or know of any Vmaxs being parted out that I could nab one off of?

Bike shop has had my bike since tuesday and they can't even get it off, they tell me they are going to have to cut if off in order to replace the starter clutch so I need another one.

Whoa, I wouldn't let that shop work on the bike if they can't get if off. Probably using a junk puller.

If you do get a flywheel, make sure it's early or late model depending on the year of your bike.

Mark

MY bike is an 85.

And I watched the guy working on it for a while. They know what they're doing. Even tried heating it up nd worked on it for some time. Damn thing just wont budge.

Okay, make sure you get a flywheel from '85 - '89. Good luck!

Mark

Sorry ot jump into this thread, but I have to take my flywheel off this weekend and was wondering what is the best type of puller to use?

I had to pull 2 wheels . one worked with the normal Sears type puller. I had problems taking the other off..cracked the puller and it did'nt budge. Finally used/bought a 12 ton hydraulic puller and it came off (barely). Can loan this if you want if you can cover postage both ways?

I had to pull 2 wheels . one worked with the normal Sears type puller. I had problems taking the other off..cracked the puller and it did'nt budge. Finally used/bought a 12 ton hydraulic puller and it came off (barely). Can loan this if you want if you can cover postage both ways?
You do know I'm in New Zealand right? lol

Waylander

Did'nt realize you were a Kiwi. Postage would cost more than the puller. Look on your local ebay for hydraulic puller

The first time I pulled mine it would not come off.I had it pulled tight in the puller and nothing.I went and got a propane torch and sat down in front of it.Then the damn thing popped off and hit me in the nuts.It probably sat there 10 minutes under pressure then just let go and popped off.

Waylander

Did'nt realize you were a Kiwi. Postage would cost more than the puller. Look on your local ebay for hydraulic puller
I'm not actually I moved here from Texas a few years ago.

The first time I pulled mine it would not come off.I had it pulled tight in the puller and nothing.I went and got a propane torch and sat down in front of it.Then the damn thing popped off and hit me in the nuts.It probably sat there 10 minutes under pressure then just let go and popped off.
They tried that and it still wouldn't budge. One2dmax looks like he's got me sorted though. Just a few more questions for him in his email.

Originally Posted by shawn kloker

I'm sorry Shawn but that's some funny schitt there...:rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back