V-Boost connected, runs like poo

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
When I got the bike a few months ago, it had the stage 7 kit in the carbs, the 4-1 Hindle Header, and Kerker Muffler. I read and was told on here to hook the v-boost up and it would run a lot better. I found the v-boost had been un-plugged so I plugged it in. The bike was a little sluggish feeling on the bottom end but felt decent if I really rolled into it. When I give 'er hell it caughs and sputters 'till she gets up in the R's, I wanna say close to 7G's then seems to pull "okay" at that. Where as before, v-boost un-plugged, she ran like a rapped ape all the time.

Hints, suggestions, tips?

Why would you want to change it if it's running so well with the stage 7? Keep it unpluged and hold on!:wink:

When I got the bike a few months ago, it had the stage 7 kit in the carbs, the 4-1 Hindle Header, and Kerker Muffler. I read and was told on here to hook the v-boost up and it would run a lot better. I found the v-boost had been un-plugged so I plugged it in. The bike was a little sluggish feeling on the bottom end but felt decent if I really rolled into it. When I give 'er hell it caughs and sputters 'till she gets up in the R's, I wanna say close to 7G's then seems to pull "okay" at that. Where as before, v-boost un-plugged, she ran like a rapped ape all the time.

Hints, suggestions, tips?

You need to tune the needle for stock vboost.

Mark

Haha okay. I just changed it because I had read on here that was the way to do it, and it would run better that way. I'll get the carb's sync'd later this week and un-plug it again.

Thanks fellas.

So when I un-plug the V-Boost, do I need to open the runners manually so they stay open? Do I un-plug it while running or while it's off?
Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I un-plugged it, it doesn't seem to have the lopey idle like it used to, and still has the upper R issue....

When you turn the key to on, you will hear two servo wines.

Wrrrrrrrrrrrr........Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The first is the Vboost opening, the second is it closing.

So, after you hear the first Wrrrrrrrrrrrr, unplug it before it cycles close and it will be open.

Might take a try or two to catch it fully open.

Bye for now.

Haha I thought about trying that too, but didn't want to be a goof ball, but sounds like it'll work.

Thanks man.

Got 'er done yesterday, runs like a raped ape! Then on my 100 mile cruise, the last half back I was in the rain. :( Glad I washed the bike up, it's trashed now. Guess I'll be washing 'er up again today.

Back