Vboost is it working

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
I have had my Max just under a week now , weather crap rain and wind . I have a prob with tacho not working - would that be linked to vboost as i gave it a blowout thia arvo and im sure i would of been inexcess of 6000 - 7000 rpm .
92 max JYA2LTOXPA004230 Canadian model :confused2:

Do you hear your V-Boost Cycle when your ignition key is switched on?

Does your V-MAX even have v-boost?

Whats up with your Tach have you fixed it?

Why post a question and than when some responds to help by asking you a question you dont reply back? Whats your deal? Hell I dont care good luck with your tach and fuel pump issues and any other confusions you have..

Why post a question and than when some responds to help by asking you a question you dont reply back? Whats your deal? Hell I dont care good luck with your tach and fuel pump issues and any other confusions you have..

Well if you look at his profile, you'll see he hasn't logged on since he asked the question! :icon_rolleyes: Show a little patience.

He may be sleeping/ working at this hour in NZ "Current time & date in New Zealand: Wednesday, Jul 23 2008, 12:51PM"
I played World of Warcraft for 3 years (still play but very casually now) with a bunch of ppl from Australia and New Zealand and they would normally log in starting around 1 AM EST. By the time we are nicely snuggled in our beds with dreams of Vmax's ripping up pavement dancing in our heads, he is getting off work a day ahead of us.

He may be sleeping/ working at this hour in NZ "Current time & date in New Zealand: Wednesday, Jul 23 2008, 12:51PM"
I played World of Warcraft for 3 years (still play but very casually now) with a bunch of ppl from Australia and New Zealand and they would normally log in starting around 1 AM EST. By the time we are nicely snuggled in our beds with dreams of Vmax's ripping up pavement dancing in our heads, he is getting off work a day ahead of us.

And some of us get up at 4.20am too .:confused2:

Do you hear your V-Boost Cycle when your ignition key is switched on?

Does your V-MAX even have v-boost?

Whats up with your Tach have you fixed it?

Yip , i do hear the boost cycle , and yes its meant to have boost - weather conditions havent really allowed for lift off yet . As fot the Tach , no joy on that yet gonna have a look later today

Well Hurry up then , ive answered it i even opened the back door and yelled
out to you .

He must still be asleep , funny that .:biglaugh:

Well Hurry up then , ive answered it i even opened the back door and yelled
out to you .

He must still be asleep , funny that .:biglaugh:

Sorry, its taken me 3 hours to respond........ Your VBOOST is cycling with the ignition :clapping:
I am assuming you have the OEM style airbox. This is how I would check it since I guess you cant feel it around 6500 or hear any engine tone change.
1)I would remove the airbox,
2)located the VBOOST intake, cable, mechninism.
3) I than would start the bike up and bring the RPMS up to 6500-7000 for about 2 seconds and watch the cable to see if it moves the mechnism.

I hope this answers your question, it is possible you have a broken cable but I highly doubt it.

The #2 coil on early models & #3 on late models sends the vboost function signal.

The fuel pump relay also plays a part in sending signals to the tach and vboost controller (gray wire).

Check and clean those first.

If not...Flex the vboost control module under your left scoop when sitting on the bike. If the solder is weak, this will make the servo motor cycle no matter what.

Basically there are 3 sounds for stock vboost during the check cycle. The first opens the butterflies, second closes them, and the third takes the slack out of the cable.

Kind of sounds like: Weeeeeee - Dunk - duh duh duh...the clicking sound is your fuel pump filling the bowls.

Neil

Sorry, its taken me 3 hours to respond........ Your VBOOST is cycling with the ignition :clapping:
I am assuming you have the OEM style airbox. This is how I would check it since I guess you cant feel it around 6500 or hear any engine tone change.
3) I than would start the bike up and bring the RPMS up to 6500-7000 for about 2 seconds and watch the cable to see if it moves the mechnism.

I hope this answers your question, it is possible you have a broken cable but I highly doubt it.

Sounds like a plan will do that tomorrow , its very dark very cold very wet out at the mo and the beer in the fridge is calling

Here let me get the first round for before. I thought you signed on earlier and were just posting different problems, my bad man.. Cheers to you~!

:cheers:

You do realize that with a stock setup he is not going to be able to bring the rpms up that much with the airbox removed???

If the bike is stock, it will more than likely stall before the idle circuit is left. Meaning about 3.7K is all a stocker will rev without the airbox...unless we have some serious issues and 20X lean is not a problem :biglaugh:

Neil

It's quite simple to test if VBOOST kicks in without a WOT. Just hold the throttle steady (in 1st or 2nd gear) and accelerate "slowly". Between 6 and 7K you should feel a noticable increased acceleration.

It's quite simple to test if VBOOST kicks in without a WOT. Just hold the throttle steady (in 1st or 2nd gear) and accelerate "slowly". Between 6 and 7K you should feel a noticable increased acceleration.

Waiting on the weather to clear - cold, wind ,rain ,snow and Max is asleep in the garage:rofl_200:

Say if i was in 2nd what speed would i be looking at ? so i know when its likely to kick in

Remember guys, his tach isnt working....

I am going to take a stab at this .......

2nd gear 6500-7000 RPMS

50-60 MPH guessing wont know until I ride and check the RPMS

You will feel it a little bit IMO VBOOST is over rated really, Its not going to snatch the wheel up like a 2 stroking smoker in the power band.

Remember guys, his tach isnt working....

I am going to take a stab at this .......

2nd gear 6500-7000 RPMS

50-60 MPH guessing wont know until I ride and check the RPMS

You will feel it a little bit IMO VBOOST is over rated really, Its not going to snatch the wheel up like a 2 stroking smoker in the power band.

Woke up this morning , no rain no wind and with a big storm expected tonight i went out to test it .

83 kmph in second heard the motor change then hang on , must get my tach fixed tho , still working on that 1 :clapping:

Back