vboost?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeller

Reaction score
First time v max owner, never heard of v boost, apparently, my 2001 model doesn't have it?
not sure if it was removed or never had it?
it has individual pod filters and a Dyna 3000 ignition as well as a full header 4x2 system.
it runs fairly well with some mid range hesitation.
going to dig in to the carbs when I get some time.
just curious if decifering the vin will unlock the mystery.

Likely it has been bypassed as part of the carb mods. Usually pod filters is an indication of a Dynojet stage seven which removes the vboost. The bypass tubes are seen in the top right of the picture.

Attachments

• Stage Seven.jpg
    Stage Seven.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 26
Likely it has been bypassed as part of the carb mods. Usually pod filters is an indication of a Dynojet stage seven which removes the vboost. The bypass tubes are seen in the top right of the picture.

thank you for replying.
The guy I got the bike from showed me a 3 position switch, stating it had different power modes for the dyna 3000.
I cannot tell a difference in any position?
anyway to connect to it and see how it is configured?

Yes, likely a VBoost eliminated bike if it has the stainless steel hose going to the oil filler cap, like that multiple hose arrangement Sean showed.

However, the 3-way switch is only of use for if the VBoost has NOT been removed. Show us a pic of the cyl head to intake manifold area and we'll know about your VBoost presence/absence.

MicroMachines and Python are two types of 3-way switches for the Gen. 1. Look in the Factory Instructions & Manuals for factory instructions on these. They may or may-not be there, but that's your best bet on this site.

All good information,
Thank you I will dig into the carbs this weekend.

Attachments

• 20220420_162423.jpg
    20220420_162423.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 41
I found that the 2 rear exhaust down pipes were not seated in the exhaust pipes, probably why it was entirely too loud, took apart the whole exhaust system, and got it all back on with no leaks, and freshly packed silencers.
sounds soo, much better and it no longer has any hesitation or back firing
she is running all proper now.

I run DJ Stage 7 with VBoost and 147.5 mains, and it runs well. You will notice a difference between Stage 1 and Stage 7, for the better. Of course time spent tuning makes the difference.

Latest posts

Back