Venture tranny gears

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
Anyone know what complete Venture tranny gears in a Max would behave like? I thought I saw someone post a comparison somewhere?

Depends on the year. Most of the venture trans aren't all that much different (can be a little wider ratio). The Royal Star trans is different and not sure what happened to the file I made showing the comparisons. The fifth gear set is what we use in conjunction with the regular 1-4th vmax gears.

Sean

All these odd questions makes me believe that you have something in store for your bike or a second one...:whistlin:

:banana:

Going for the 1500 and I want to get the OD 5th. Actually I made a mistake..I wanted to ask about the RS gear set vs Max. Was told the full RS set would be a smoother transition than just the 5th.
Other thing I was told was that a bigger rad was not necessary if the thermo is left open.

Going for the 1500 and I want to get the OD 5th. Actually I made a mistake..I wanted to ask about the RS gear set vs Max. Was told the full RS set would be a smoother transition than just the 5th.
Other thing I was told was that a bigger rad was not necessary if the thermo is left open.

Tourmaster? Decided on not getting another bike for now then?:thumbs up:

With your skinny ass on that bike it will be faster than schitt! :banana::cheers:

still make you a good deal on a 1500 longrod engine - you wouldn't have to wait for PCW to build one (and get promised 3 months and it end up being 2 years - I can get plenty of feedback to back that up too). It's chain drive so more mods then just bolt in but of course it's a serious engine too (200hp).

Sean

still make you a good deal on a 1500 longrod engine - you wouldn't have to wait for PCW to build one (and get promised 3 months and it end up being 2 years - I can get plenty of feedback to back that up too).

Sean

I'd heard that too... That Cliff guy with the all C/F bike said he waited like a year to get his motor back. I must say that the powder coating looked B-E-Autiful on it though!:thumbs up:

Sean

Thanks for the offer but I'm also going to get it powdercoated and probably will go with the RS gears. Plus NY is close enough that I could pay John a visit if there are major problems. Don't wanna give up the Otec Swingarm as well. I know it's a roll of the dice on the turnaround.

Yeah going to hold off on the 2nd bike for now. Waiting to see that Aprilia V4 and new Max but both of these I would buy used anyways so it would be a few years out

Back