Veronica goes VROOM!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wet glass bead blasted, and washed with thinners. They say it goes on bare metal.
The paint is melting close to the cap. Shit paint!

Good to know, its going on my list. That sucks putting something together and having a product not meet expectations, especially after the nice work you put in to your ride.
If you can spare some time, I think it would be very helpful to do a small write-up in the General Products Reviewsection of the forum. Help prevent this from happening to another member.

Oh, the frustration of the master cylinders!
I pulled the windows out, blasted the cylinders, painted them with the good stuff (supposedly) and then glued flimsy little glass windows in. Those little windows worried me, but they look really nice.

If I have to redo, I'm going to have to get a pair of old cylinders and PC straight over the original windows. I've still got the little tool I made to hone the cylinders, and I'll just swap over the new seals.

Either that, or I'll have to fit dome plugs instead of windows, and PC over them. The windows SUCK BALLS.

You can powder coat over the sight glass because it holds no charge (supposedly) so the powder doesn't stick, either way if it does and if its heat resistant you can remove the charge and then get a Qtip and dust off the areas where you don't want powder coat in.

Thanks wildweasel_pt, Lew L, VMike, madcdmb, dman999, dmax1, KJ SHover, Blurr, a113ycat, Naughty G, tothemax93, 06VMAXIMUS and sdt354.

Sometimes just one or two words means a lot. :punk:

Last edited:
Oh by the way, good work and congrats for your effort... (now you can add my name to the above list...) :rofl_200:

Congratulations on the rebuild, time to ride! Nice list of updates that should put you good with the modus maximus primate for a good while!:eusa_dance:

Glad your ride is back up and running, looks great, sucks about m/c paint but for all your time and efforts, anyone would be proud to ride with you. Mod monkey as been busy in your wallet for sure.

Back