vmax auto clutch!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxcruiser

Reaction score
Was flipping through different website sites for automatic bikes - not for me, but for my wife. she wants a bike but doesn't want a manual clutch.

Anyways, I found this site - www.efmautoclutch.com - they make auto clutches for different bikes including the vmax.

Neil, this might work you till the hand gets better!

Just thought I'd post for different reactions from all of you

Mike

Oh hell no!
Unless I'm disabled, I want my clutch!

I am very curious about the mechanics of the thing. It didn't look centrifugal. :confused2:
I'd like to take one apart if someone wants to spend 800 bucks and ship me one.

Cool find, and they have a great Idea. It's just not for me.

I saw a test on this... Pretty neat idea for disabled people... The only issue they had with it is if you like to rev your engine at a stop light, don't forget to grab the clutch lever...:whistlin:

I wonder if this is similar to a lock up clutch and how much HP it would handle.

Their website says handles over 280hp and it's a centrifugal type clutch - they also have some videos for demonstration purposes - but no vmax video

Last edited:
Racers use slipper clutches to keep traction when you are engine braking and downshifting. Just imagine this... coming into a tight corner with lots of speed, downshifting. without a slipper the rear tire would lock up until your back on throttle. A racing slipper does not slip unter throttle tho, only when engine braking. the automatic clutch as linked above is quite different.

I really like this idea and the price isn't horrible when you think about it. He has some testing going on with UFO. As soon as someone I can trust tests it I would consider it. I would love to try it on the drag strip. It's tuneable so launching would be a no brainer.

Also known as a slider clutch. I used to use one of these style clutches made by MTC out of Florida back in 1990. Drag Racers love em!! How it works, as the clutch spins there are fingers with weights on them the faster the clutch spins create the fingers to engadge the clutch. They are adjustable by changing the springs or weights depending on what RPM you want to start moving.
They are not only used for handicapped people but also the weekend drag racers. Talk about taking off quicker this will do it. No more wheelie popping tire spinning etc. NO slamming on the drive train and less strain on the drive shaft., Auto Clutches are smooth power transfer. I love the idea of still having the clutch ! I may check into buying one! back in 1990 it cost 750.00 from MTC so the price is decent! And yes it also acts as a lock up clutch more RPM more pressure on the clutch,, wooo hooo 100% Synthetic oil without worrying about blowing the clutch! I LOVE IT !!:banana:

I really like this idea and the price isn't horrible when you think about it. He has some testing going on with UFO. As soon as someone I can trust tests it I would consider it. I would love to try it on the drag strip. It's tuneable so launching would be a no brainer.

Whats the latest on this company? Has anyone bought one yet? Has anyone tried it out on a VMAX yet? Curious... Sounds like an awesome product I just want some feedback or review before I spend 700 bucks.

Whats the latest on this company? Has anyone bought one yet? Has anyone tried it out on a VMAX yet? Curious... Sounds like an awesome product I just want some feedback or review before I spend 700 bucks.

Well, I contacted this company asking if they can cut any deals if I send them in 3 VMAX complete clutches. They responded with 600.00 a piece no break. I was trying to get a deal and spread the word about there clutch.
There slider clutch is different from MTC's they are using steel balls (different from brass balls) that actually apply the clutch rather than MTC's arms with weights. They say its adjustable but I am not wanting to risk 600.00 on a new companies product and they are arent wanting to make any deals.. Some please buy one of these...
After speaking with MTC they told me they would make one if I sent in a clutch from a VMAX.
MTC has proven there qaulity of products with me over the years of racing. Think I am leaning towards MTC.

hmm 700 sounds reasonable , if it holds up well:punk:

:banana:Woooo Hoooo !!Do we have someone going to buy a VMAX slider??

:th_SmileyBoobs: I am so excited get it shipped "Next Flight out"

:party: Yeaaah wooo hooo Copilot Slider Max

Take pictures better yet make a video I want to hear that slider clutch and the super charger whirling Damn now thats some serious tunes right there, maybe a lil Shooooshhhh Shoooosshhh Nitrous Purdge??

:banana:Woooo Hoooo !!Do we have someone going to buy a VMAX slider??

:th_SmileyBoobs: I am so excited get it shipped "Next Flight out"

:party: Yeaaah wooo hooo Copilot Slider Max

Take pictures better yet make a video I want to hear that slider clutch and the super charger whirling Damn now thats some serious tunes right there, maybe a lil Shooooshhhh Shoooosshhh Nitrous Purdge??
lmfao I don't have the money right now but I do have a extra clutch and basket ... ready to go for upgrade.:punk:

Has anyone fitted one of these yet.
I'm pretty keen to try one.

I fitted a Rekluse to a 650 Husaberg and it was killer.
Wind the throttle on in second at the lights and hang on... mad :biglaugh:

I don't think it makes me less of a man to trade in the DD workout for a nitro style take off....:clapping:

I emailed the guys at EFM and he emailed me straight back with an offer of $600. Very helpful bloke. He also attached a pic of his twin Vmax engined 3 wheeler project he's building with his clutches fitted.

Keen to hear from anyone that has a clutch fitted.....!!!!!

Attachments

• EFM-AUTOCLUTCH.bmp
    225.1 KB · Views: 48
Has anyone fitted one of these yet.
I'm pretty keen to try one.

I fitted a Rekluse to a 650 Husaberg and it was killer.
Wind the throttle on in second at the lights and hang on... mad :biglaugh:

I don't think it makes me less of a man to trade in the DD workout for a nitro style take off....:clapping:

I emailed the guys at EFM and he emailed me straight back with an offer of $600. Very helpful bloke. He also attached a pic of his twin Vmax engined 3 wheeler project he's building with his clutches fitted.

Keen to hear from anyone that has a clutch fitted.....!!!!!

Slider clutches are awesome!! I dont want to be the guinee pig though from EMT as far as the VMAX clutch goes. I emailed this company a few months ago asking to get a discounted one to try and sponsor for them. I was going to send them a basket and cap in for a discount,, no deal still 600.00. So I guess they are doing well in there buisness and dont want to accept any offers.. I could really help them out and spread the name around at the dragstrip since 99% of the racers here are using MRE clutches.
They are smooth the onlything to get used to is the engine brake while on the street! Once you are used to that you will love it,, for guys that ride there VMAX in the rain I dont think engine brake is such a great thing and would cause a spill on wet turns if high in RPM

http://www.murdochracing.com/parts.htm

They are smooth the onlything to get used to is the engine brake while on the street! Once you are used to that you will love it,, for guys that ride there VMAX in the rain I dont think engine brake is such a great thing and would cause a spill on wet turns if high in RPM

http://www.murdochracing.com/parts.htm

So what are the engine braking characteristics with this clutch?

So what are the engine braking characteristics with this clutch?

Baiscally it feels like how your bike is now when you let out of the gas same exact feeling, but when it gets down to its stall speed its like you pulled the clutch in and you free wheel which can mess you up a lil when coming to a red light to stop behind a car..I guess after awhile you get used to it..

From what I am reading about this companies idea is you still have the option of pulling your clutch in, if thats the case its briallant!!:clapping:

Buy one! and post your info

Back