vmax gen i and ii wrecks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took apart possibly the worst crashed gen 2 late this last year. It wrecked so hard that it ripped the front end off the bike shearing the steering stem in the process. Very few useable parts on that bike (not sure yet but we think the engine will be usable once all new covers get put on it). Gen 1 hard crashes happen too (lost a good friend some years ago when he crashed his into the front of a 3/4 ton Ford that pulled out in front of him when he was doing triple digits).

i saw a youtube sight with a120 mph crash the poor guy was tore in half bad very bad
Geez, bad karma, that, mate!
Geez, bad karma, that, mate!
the island of man 133 mp h superbike school, motogp sometimes the technical side of motorcycling is best to know at 60mph equals 66 feet per second at at 150mph it is226 feet per second all most a football field yes reaction this yes very important but the bikes limits are important to way back in the day we had what we call a one ton reaching 100 mph on 650 cc motorcycle

Taking this unusual request on a positive side, sign-up for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Advanced RiderCourse (yes, 1 word). You will learn about bike maintenance, driving under the influence, countersteering, weather conditions, protective riding gear, riding two-up, and much more. Operator drills help to associate classroom time with riding dynamics.

Not being a butthead man but bringing up anything about wrecking is definitely something that shouldn't be discussed on this forum. I completely understand it happens and I'd say 90% of us have wrecked something at some point in our life but lets keep it upright when talking about the max please.

Taking this unusual request on a positive side, sign-up for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Advanced RiderCourse (yes, 1 word). You will learn about bike maintenance, driving under the influence, countersteering, weather conditions, protective riding gear, riding two-up, and much more. Operator drills help to associate classroom time with riding dynamics.
I have taken a couple of sessions of the Basic Ridercourse and there is knowledge to be gleaned there as well, plus you get to tool around on someone else's 250CC Enduro (I grabbed that instead of the rebel 250 due to my long legs). There is worth in nearly all formal training, I also recommend doing a bit of reading (Keith Code etc).

Not being a butthead man but bringing up anything about wrecking is definitely something that shouldn't be discussed on this forum. I completely understand it happens and I'd say 90% of us have wrecked something at some point in our life but lets keep it upright when talking about the max please.
As the saying goes there are two types of riders, those who have crashed, and those who will. The Vmax is no different than any other motorcycle in regards to safely operating it on the street. The OP's approach to the subject does seem a bit morbid, and I agree that it doesn't really have a place on a forum like this which is in general aimed at the technical and legal operating aspect of the wonderful Vmax!

Know your limits, don't do stuff you normally would not in hopes of keeping up with someone, continually scan everything that can be seen, plan ahead...and never underestimate the ignorance of other drivers...in 46 years on the road I hit the pavement one time purely out of my own stupidity, as it wasn't fun at all I never plan to do it again...but one never knows what's around the corner.

Latest posts

Back