Vmax Transformation!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyr62

Reaction score
Hi Vmax brothers!

I spent an hour detailing everything out, only to lose the cotton picking post when I went to preview. Anyway, here are the before and after pics. If you have any questions, I will be happy to address them.

Thanks!

Guy

Attachments

• Giant Tumbleweeds 041.jpg
    Giant Tumbleweeds 041.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 623
  • Giant Tumbleweeds 039.jpg
    Giant Tumbleweeds 039.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 556
  • Picture 250.jpg
    Picture 250.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 570
  • Picture 277.jpg
    Picture 277.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 729
  • Picture 278.jpg
    Picture 278.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 726
  • Picture 279.jpg
    Picture 279.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 632
  • Picture 295.jpg
    Picture 295.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 589
Nice job , very good looking bike you got there :)
I think that front fender need a little offset to the tire and it will fit perfectly

I am new to the forum. I have been trying to search for the easiest way to put sport bike wheels on my vmax (typical zx 3 spoke wheels are cool).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I love your wheels, and your brake light. Where did you buy your brake light and turn signals? I'm stock right now.

Great work !, looks killer. :punk:

I am new to the forum. I have been trying to search for the easiest way to put sport bike wheels on my vmax (typical zx 3 spoke wheels are cool).

I love your wheels, and your brake light. Where did you buy your brake light and turn signals? I'm stock right now.

Cycle one off can hook you up.

yeah they are !!! Kaw ZX7 :clapping::clapping:

Attachments

• SS850630.jpg
    SS850630.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Snow pics 2010 269.jpg
    Snow pics 2010 269.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 215
Thanks mxrider14,

The wheels are actually R1 wheels. The rear is a 17"x5.5" conversion, spokes and rim welded to an original Vmax hub. Front wheel is a !7" x3.5" stock R1. However, to keep original forks, some machine shop work is nessesary on the spindle. Original Vmax brake calipers and rotors will fit on the R1 wheel. However, if you have the money, switch out the roters, calipers with R1 front braking. Also stainless steel lines and a newer model master cylinder. A refurbished early model Max is in desperate need of a front brake upgrade. Expecially if you have added additional horse power.The 17 inch transformation was incredible! The bike was lowered byabout 1.5 inches. Lower center of gravity and I can flat foot it at stop lights! No longer does Vmaximus want to just goin a staight line! The aftermarket rubbers also contribute greatly! It doesn't handle like a crotch rocket, but it is getting pretty darn close!
With regards to the LED brake lights and turn signals,as well as the european style headlight, those were all purchased from Exactrep out of England. www.exactrep.com
Great customer service, huge aftermarket selection and they take credit cards so the transaction is painless. You will wait a littl longer for delivery, but it is worth it. F.Maerz out of Germany also has a huge selection of Vmax aftermarket parts. Communication is a bit more difficult with them and it involves wire transfer, but they are reputable as I have made several purchases from them. However, expect to wait 3 to 4 weeks for delivery because of postal customs out of Germany. This is my opinion, but Europe has a MUCH larger selection of Vmax aftermarket. It may be a little more trouble,but they can provide you with unique aftermarket products that you will not find easily in the US.

Thanks!
Guy

bike looks awesome bro!.. Im looking to do a similar headlight conversion once I pick up a max... did you make that yourself or was it a kit?

actually answered my own question... took a look at that euro site.. have a great selection of parts!

Hey so im looking into the same headlight setup through Exactrep.com how was the install of it? difficult? any fabbing that needed to be done?

also how where they with shipping to us? time frame?

thanks!

Hey so im looking into the same headlight setup through Exactrep.com how was the install of it? difficult? any fabbing that needed to be done?

also how where they with shipping to us? time frame?

thanks!

Tracy at Exactrep is the one you will be dealing with and they are pretty good about handling things with their customers. Shipping is a bit pricey, but they stand behind their products. I purchased a few small things from them and they did fix one issue I had so I am very satisfied with the company!

Many people here have posted that while the headlight looks cool, it doesn't put out enough light and is fairly worthless for night riding. I think some have modded them to be brighter.

I'm just warning you. I haven't had one but have heard the stories.

Chris

had one of the noted headlights and it did suck for any kind of night driving. You can get other projector lights for it but they still suck. We did chrome one not too long ago which turned out really well.

Sean

:hijacked:

Back