VMOA Issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: So far not impressed with VMOA

Letting one the changes out of the bag, this site WILL be the forum site for the VMOA with a "VMOA Members only" section of the forum that will not be visible to non-members. One thing that is top on our list of "to do's" is to make the integration as seamless as possible, hence the time it is taking.
Smart! This will definately attract more members too.

Smart! This will definately attract more members too.

Thanks, we sure hope so! Nice thing is it makes it to where folks like Sean Morley etc. don't have to post information in multiple forums on the web. This site is well put together AND has a wealth of information that is good for VMOA members and non-members alike so why duplicate the effort somewhere else.

Why limit access to members only especially if VMOA wants to use this site..just seems counterproductive..why not just have all information in one spot for all to see?:ummm:

Why limit access to members only especially if VMOA wants to use this site..just seems counterproductive..why not just have all information in one spot for all to see?:ummm:

We will only be "limiting" access to areas like Regional information, member info, etc. Those are some things that will stay "in house" so to speak. Tech information etc. will not be put into the member only section at all. The arrangement was offered up by the owner this site, Buster Hymen, and agreed to by the VMOA as a solid replacement for the forum section on our site. This arrangement is no different than the Forum Supporter section of this site that is for paying members only.

I did'nt know there was a forum supporter only area:ummm:. Actually I would give members the option if they want their contact info to be private or not. If I want to get a group of people together for a local ride I am currently limited to non VMOA members.

I believe that our idea for ride info etc. that would be posted in the Regional information area is to give non-members "read only" access so they have the ability to see what is going on in their area. My hope is that members will post rides, hook ups, etc. to their Regional section for all to see and other members can comment on. The goal is to reach as many people as possible in coordination with Buster and this site with as much information as we can. I appreciate it when folks offer good ideas and their thoughts on how the members want things to work. One thing I am hoping to avoid is the perception that we are turning a deaf ear to the members and their ideas. Above all else this needs to be a member driven site that is easy to access, easy to navigate, and intuitive in nature. Those are my goals when getting the changes made and I believe that we are definitely headed in the right direction.

First thing that comes to mind when I here this is nothing but awesome news!! Personaly I've not even touched nor have a feel of the potenial total benifits from either site yet. I will say even though I've only in person met 1 member from either site(Sean Morley) I feel like I am part of some really awesome folks that share so many things I value in my life.
As for pro and cons I would say vmaxforum would have nothing to loose and vmoa has everything to gain in this idea.
I am a definate:thumbs up: for this happening

It's sad that it took a public outing to make you address the short comings of the VMOA website. This place vmanforum.net has it stuff together, just yesterday I got a email reminder that my support access will end soon. That is what happens when a organization wants to keep it's members.

If you were thinking right you would work out something where the VMOA and vmaxforums.net was a total merge not only adding a members section to this forum. Not trying to be mean but your VMOA website is from the 90's it is that outdated.

I am a forum supporter here and I don't even use the supporter features, I just donate because it is a great forum and a lot of good people. Before there is no longer a VMOA I hope you see the writting on the wall and merge the total website with this forum. Not a easy task but well worth it in the end.

Ron

It's sad that it took a public outing to make you address the short comings of the VMOA website. This place vmanforum.net has it stuff together, just yesterday I got a email reminder that my support access will end soon. That is what happens when a organization wants to keep it's members.

If you were thinking right you would work out something where the VMOA and vmaxforums.net was a total merge not only adding a members section to this forum. Not trying to be mean but your VMOA website is from the 90's it is that outdated.

I am a forum supporter here and I don't even use the supporter features, I just donate because it is a great forum and a lot of good people. Before there is no longer a VMOA I hope you see the writting on the wall and merge the total website with this forum. Not a easy task but well worth it in the end.

Ron

Actually Ron we have been working on the VMOA website issues for a while now. This little "public outing" had nothing at all to do with what we were working on.

Actually Ron we have been working on the VMOA website issues for a while now. This little "public outing" had nothing at all to do with what we were working on.

It has everything to do with you telling us that you were working on it and what you plan on doing. Now can we stop fighting over this. You will have a better place in the future and I will not be a member by choice.

Let this thread die so that it doesn't affect any future members. I won't respond any more and I hope you chose not to as well.

Im with eagle, wtf is vmoa doing? 30/40$ for a card,magazine and a list of other vmoa members. Nothing is going on in vmoa.net. Vmf should just put an organized list of members addresses or emails with cities, put a membership card for sale $.99 and there is 100 times more info/event hookups on vmf than vmoa. What the hell is 30$ for?
The vmoa site is a joke, who charges the vmoa fund for time spent setting up the website? Im sure the vmoa had best intentions on being a good thing but imo its a waste of money i could give to vmf
thanks but no thanks, ill save my money and donate it to vmf.

P.s.
The fallen section was last updated with nicholas j hodder died sept 2004.

The limits he refers to is being able to see certain forums. If you are a VMOA member you would see some extra forums that pertain to the VMOA. If you weren't a VMOA member, you would not know these forums existed. The technical forums would stay as a VMF feature.

Ron

To be fair to the VMOA, I have been the stumbling block on the merger/ new VMOA board. When I agreed to work on it, I was at a different job that allowed me to work on it during working hours, However I am at a different job now so time is at a premium. The VMOA has been very patient with me and, I think, taking a lot of heat for something that is not their fault and out of their control. So, I apologize for the length of time it is taking and am trying to make it a priority. If anyone is handy with Joomla and wants to help out, please PM me.

Buster, you da man:punk: See you this weekend! I would be willing to learn on the fly with the software if I can be taught some basics.

:boxing00:eek:k listen here Buster... lol just kidding
Just think it's a good time to say thanks for letting the vmoa in on this awesome forum:clapping:Looking forward to just 1 place to go instead of bouncing back and forth. If I knew that program I would help out but I'm a 2 finger guy when it comes to the computer:rofl_200:

I wish they would just update their website format which I keep hearing they are about to do.
This web site upgrade has been the cause of many members to quit:ummm:
Still can't get it right guys? Still letting Steve yank the strings?

Sorry Jim Did not see that you got someone else to try and bring the VMOA web site into a user friendly form , Too bad ya just don't pay someone to do it right the first time and get it over with :( What's it been over a year or so since the idea of a refresh was put out on the table? I know ya try but it's still the same old Vmoa

No worries, know your opinion on things pretty well. The website was done before my time and now it is being corrected. Yeah we could have paid someone like you suggested, but I seem to remember folks getting grumpy when we paid Steve instead of taking Gary up on his offer a long time ago to do the site upgrade for free. Since then I spoke with Gary and he volunteered his time and efforts to help us, again free of charge. Being fiscally responsible it seemed like and still does seem like the right way to go in my opinion. Know it is taking a while, but Gary and I do talk a lot and I know that his time is a bit stretched right now but progress is being made. When the new site is up and running I will make sure I let you know and you can give me your professional opinion of the product:biglaugh:

That's cool Gary's a good man! I tend to pop in and out of the Vmax sites as not much new going on and the Star site is way more exciting , Nothing like gen 2 guys LOL, still can't beat my Carpenter Built Busa :eusa_dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back