VMOA Issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
A year ago I wanted to join but every time I filled out the form on the website it was going to charge me $40 rather than $30 I notified the 2 top people and I finally gave up.

A year later I tried again and the website was still trying to charge me $40 Once again I contacted the Admin and asked that they please send me a request for payment for $30 and I would pay it. A week later I contacted them again and I was told that the message had not got to them. ( trying not to name names)

Now I paid 2 days ago and I have yet to get anything from them telling me anything about the membership.

I am going to request a refund and not join. I'[m sure many of you have no problems but I do and this is only my experience and I am not trying to say everyone gets treated this way.

Ron

Re: So far not impressed with VMOA

not sure the hold up maybe the holiday who knows. I ordered a shirt not to long ago and got it very fast. Also really enjoy the magazine.

not sure the hold up maybe the holiday who knows. I ordered a shirt not to long ago and got it very fast. Also really enjoy the magazine.

Like I said I didn't try to imply this was the way everyone was treated but it is how I have been treated and not this one time over a holiday this has been going on for over a year and the problem on their website is still happening and they are awatre of it I have contacted them several times.

It's not too smart what I am doing going public with this because most of you on here are members also and I hope nobody takes it out on me for voicing my opinion of what has happened to me.

Ron

Not really impressed myself. Although the magazine is nice. The lady that runs the store is on top of things too. The forum is NOT very user friendly. It took almost six months to confirm my membership and get a card. It probably depends on what area you're in. I don't think VMOA is too strong (membership #s) in Michigan. Just my 2 pennies.

I joined a few years ago. I didn't have any trouble and I haven't had any. Stuff I buy from the store comes right away and I've saved a lot of money with club venders. We need more members. I' m talking to anybody I see that has a max and asking if they know about the club. I'd like some guys to ride with and work on the bikes with. I found a guy yesterday at cycle gear who's got a max but it's froze up. Turns out he was a member but let it lapse when his bike broke and he bought an FJ. When he gets back from a ride to Texas I' m going to help get his bike back on the road. You get out of club what you put into it. I 'll be in south Dakota last week of august with a friend riding. I think that's in your region maybe we can meet up some where.

I think the State Chapter Leader should be contacted.

rick rash
Illinois Chapter Leader

I would like to reply to this post. I wasn't asked by anyone to send a PayPal request for this membership. However, as soon as I received his PM, I immediately sent him a PayPal request. The VMOA website asks very clearly to allow up to 14 days to process the membership paperwork.

click hereTo join the VMOA click here
(Payment methods include CC/Debit Card, E-check, Money Orders, Pay-Pal, Personal Checks).

After payment is received, you will be e-mailed your membership number, usually within 7 days.
Please allow up to 14 days if using Paypal, or 30 days if mailing payment.

Please read the following posts and you will see exactly what I told him and how many times I apologized for the problems he had joining.

Originally Posted by e_a_g_l_e_p_i
HI,

05-28-2010, 06:29 PM

e_a_g_l_e_p_i is
simpleton

My VMax: Raven w/ Shift Red Flame
My other bikes: This is my 7th VMAX
VMOA membership

HI,
I still have the problem where the website wants to charge me $40 instead of $30 when I go to the PayPal payment page.

Jim said he was going to have someone send me a request for payment via PayPal for the $30 so I can become a member. I have been trying for about a year now. Al you have to do is send me a request for payament via PayPal or give me a email address to send $30 to and I will do either.

Originally Posted by fstmax

Re: VMOA membership

05-28-2010, 09:37 PM

e_a_g_l_e_p_i is
simpleton

Quote:
I am sorry but I never received any message or request from Jim about this issue. I apologize for the trouble. I need your e-mail address and then I will send you a request.

Sorry again,
Kelvin Lane
VMOA President

Yesterday, 02:30 PM

e_a_g_l_e_p_i is
simpleton

Quote:
Ron,
You can also send a payment for $30 directly to [email protected]. Please provide us your complete name and mailing address so I can forward your information on to our Membership Director. Again, sorry for the trouble.

Kelvin lane
VMOA President

Today, 01:22 AM

e_a_g_l_e_p_i is
simpleton

Quote:
It's been 2 days now since I had to beg you to bill me so I could join after a year of the same issue with your wensite wanting to charge me $40 instead of $30
I paid the minute I got the request and I have yet to hear anything about my membership. You would think if somone had to ask you to bill them so they could join after a year of problems that you would make sure one the payment was made you would make sure that new member got the membership info, I did not.
Please refund my fee of $30 and I will not join

Ron Huard

Today, 05:23 PM

e_a_g_l_e_p_i is
simpleton

Quote:
Ron,
First let me explain that everyone who works for the VMOA is a volunteer with family, jobs and obligations. That being said, my son graduated from high school yesterday so I have been busy and I am sorry I didn't drop everything to make you a priority.

Second, as I told you before, I was not aware you wished to join. Had you simply gone to our website and clicked on the "Contact Us" I would have immediately received an e-mail and had everything taken care of.

Let me explain how things work. You have joined, you are now a member. You will be receiving an e-mail and then a packet in the mail in the next several weeks. Again, we are all volunteers with jobs, families and obligations. Mike Sayers, the VMOA Membership Director will send you an e-mail with all your membership information as well as a list of members who live in your area.

If this is not acceptable and you cannot wait for the processing time, I will be happy to refund your money.

Kelvin Lane
VMOA President

Thanks Kevin for the explanation. Not sure what the year ago was all about but sounds like he's been taken care of. Congrats to your son and you as well!! Another milestone in the books:eusa_dance:

This last post is not a full account of the problems I have had. These are only the lastest messages. If you want to be upfront and honest I think you should include all the messages from last year as well. A person should ahve to beg to join the VMOA and that is what I have had to do since last May. Maybe Jim will back me up but if he chose not to that is fine. I wish all you VOMA members well I just do not want to belong to the club.

Ron

I just got off the phone with the VMOA VP, Jim Rodgers. Now I know why you have had so many problems with your PayPal account and joining the VMOA. Correct me if I'm wrong, is the address or PayPal account you wete trying to use to join from outside the US? That is what Jim said was causing you to be charged for international membeship. I also understand he discussed this with you personally on the phone. Is this correct?

Kelvin Lane
VMOA President

That is 100% incorrect, my PayPal account is the same as anyone else and I have had it for over 9 years now.

Can you please tell me, was your mailing address a year ago inside the US? I was under the impression that the reason you continued to have problems joining was because the address PayPal was reading was from outside the US?

I just got off the phone with the VMOA VP, Jim Rodgers. Now I know why you have had so many problems with your PayPal account and joining the VMOA. Correct me if I'm wrong, is the address or PayPal account you wete trying to use to join from outside the US? That is what Jim said was causing you to be charged for international membeship. I also understand he discussed this with you personally on the phone. Is this correct?

Kelvin Lane
VMOA President

07-14-2009 02:06 PM
fstmax

Ron
I have been looking into this issue you have had with joining the VMOA and it wanting to charge you $40.00. When you filled out the application online for the VMOA on the part were it ask country did you leave it as USA or did you do the drop down window and click on United States? I think this may be the problem. It needs to be left as USA. I filled out a application today as a new member and it went threw fine and it stated the fee was $30.00. If you would like to try it again and please let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks
Kelvin Lane

VMOA President
06-20-2009 10:20 AM
fstmax

Ron
My name is Kelvin Lane President of the VMOA. Jay Sutherland called me last week and ask me about contacting you to help you join the VMOA. I'm sorry but I thought my wife had sent you a e-mail the other night and I just found out she didn't after I saw your post here. I'm sorry about the trouble you had with the VMOA website. We are currently working with Gary that runs this site to redue and become the new webmaster for the VMOA site since our current webmaster quit. I hope this kind of helps explains things. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kelvin LAne

As you can see you did know about this issue way before just now.

I personally am done with this issue so there is no need to continue to debate it.

Can you please tell me, was your mailing address a year ago inside the US? I was under the impression that the reason you continued to have problems joining was because the address PayPal was reading was from outside the US?

My email address has been the same for over 8 years, you have a problem with the website and I brought it to your attention over a year ago. It isn't my PayPal or my email address. Yes everything I have has always been in the USA

The ineptitude of the VMOA is evident once again.

I wish they would just update their website format which I keep hearing they are about to do.

I wish they would just update their website format which I keep hearing they are about to do.

I am with you there! I would be on it more if the format of the forum was more like this site.

I am with you there! I would be on it more if the format of the forum was more like this site.

Letting one the changes out of the bag, this site WILL be the forum site for the VMOA with a "VMOA Members only" section of the forum that will not be visible to non-members. One thing that is top on our list of "to do's" is to make the integration as seamless as possible, hence the time it is taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back