Vmx12?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FIRELS1

Reaction score
How can I tell which vmax I have? According to the service manual there are 3 supplementary manuals, each apply to a different VMX12 prefix. Example VMX12H, VMX12HC, VMX12N, VMX12E, VMX12U, VMX12S. I realize that my serial # should match sertain digets, which would tell me which model I had. No such luck, my serial # doesn't match any digets in my service manual.

I believe the first letter after the 12 denotes the year of manufacture and the C after that (if present) indicates the California version.

I believe the first letter after the 12 denotes the year of manufacture and the C after that (if present) indicates the California version.

+1

Its the year. A while back I googled a friend's numbers (no date) and it came back to his year of Vmax. Then I googled just the model number of my max (VMX12W1) and it automatically showing 2007 Vmax stuff.

i found a list up to 2k

85'VMX12N/NC
> 86'VMX12S/SC
> 88'VMX12U/UC
> 89'VMX12W/WC
> 90'VMX12A/AC
> 91'VMX12B/BC
> 92'VMX12D/DC
> 93'VMX12E/EC
> 94'VMX12F/FC
> 95'VMX12G/GC
> 96'VMX12H/HC
> 97'VMX12J/JC
> 98'VMX12K/KC
> 99'VMX12L/LC
> 00'VMX12M/MC

where would i find a manual pdf online for a 97?

basically the same for all years. goto VMF links and u'll find it.

i have that one, but none for my year...didnt know if there was much of a difference in anything...thanks

that one has like 4 in it, but the first 3 have almost nothing...the one thats a complete manual is for 1985, and i wasnt sure what all was different from then on

few things here or there. thats why a haynes or clymer (no internet copies) is a nice supplemental. I like the haynes personally because it doesn't make some assumptions about your knowledge that the OEM one does. never read a clymer.

Latest posts

Back