Volts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
I put a rectifier from a zxio Kawasaki last year and it has been great but ,today I noticed I had low vots (12.3) so I did a little fishing around checked the output at the rectifier and its 15.volts but I am getting 12.3 at the battery when running and 11.5 when I disconnect the rectifier while running .my ground looks good and my 30amp fuse in the system is ok.:ummm:

Did you do this when you done the R/R mod? This is a C&P from Ra warriors how to get you low voltage up;

3.2: Find your R/R. If you have an older bike, there will be 4 wires....3 from the stator and one + output (grounded through it's mount). If you have a newer model, there will be five (grounded through a wire).
Older model: Remove the R/R and clean around the base to ensure a good connection. Grab the red + output wire and cut it, leaving enough slack to re-splice it but as close to the R/R as you feel comfortable. Find the connector between the R/R and the harness, and remove the now useless end. Tape or otherwise cover the harness end connector. Strip the end, and get a wire gauge slightly larger than what's there (I used 14awg). Use another end connector, and run the wire directly to the + post of the battery. Put a ring connector on the end and bolt it directly to the post.
Newer model: Same as above, but do the same procedure for both the + output and - ground wires. Cut them out of the harness and wire them directly to the battery.

Doing this bypasses the notorious "crimp" in the harness entirely.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19108

I did the r/r mod ,just replaced the old r/r with one from a kawa zx10.Three wires from the stator go in and two wires come out to the ground and pos side of batt. with a 30amp fuse .

fired up the bike today and voila ,I am getting 13.5 to 14 volts at the battery .I will have to get her warmed up and go for a ride when the weather warms up to see if she holds the voltage .

Back