want to quiet it down, muffler sugestions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a project sitting, adapting sportbike dual cans to a VMax for more oomph & sound. I want to install 'em onto a header set for a Max but my bike has a 4/1. So, they are just sitting. I did a similar thing for my UFO 4/1 & it has worked out great, though some may not like the large can. It's much quieter than a UFO 4/1! I had it to redline in 4th & when I shifted into 5th it was still pulling hard, so it doesn't seem to choke the exhaust off. "Closed-course-only."

Just wondering ...If going back to stock (any parts ) is that like biting back at that friggen mod monkey !!

I would leave the aftermarket system on if it was just up to me and I lived in the country. The houses here are 6' away from each other and these things are loud. There are many other mod's to the bike that I am doing or have been done, so the mod monkey is alive and well.
Patrick

I'm in the same predicament that carnut108 is in. I have a 2005 with a 4-1 Kerker exhaust. It's obnoxious. Can I just change the muffler? I've also been watching for a complete stock exhaust. Any help?

Yes, we've done some custom high flow Carbon and Aluminum versions that flow well but reduce the tone compared to the comp baffle. There will be some pics of them other members have gotten from us.

I'm in the same predicament that carnut108 is in. I have a 2005 with a 4-1 Kerker exhaust. It's obnoxious. Can I just change the muffler? I've also been watching for a complete stock exhaust. Any help?

Mark is making me some baffles for his mufflers. If this works out, I will have a complete stock system for sale. It is in very good condition except for some small dents on one muffler that do not show when it on the bike.

Mark is making me some baffles for his mufflers. If this works out, I will have a complete stock system for sale. It is in very good condition except for some small dents on one muffler that do not show when it on the bike.

Thanks. Let me know when you are ready to sell. I'll be asking for some pic's.

Before removing the exhaust, you may want to try a DB killer in the can ti see if that will keep the neighbors happy.

Fairly cheap and easy to install and remove.

Mike

Bikeit_dB_Killer_Lg.jpg

Just put Mark's baffles in and they help. Still a little loud but think I'll keep this setup. Thanks Mark.

Back