What are you wearing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pighuntingpuppy

Reaction score
I am not the type to ride the full armored gear most want to see motorcyclists wearing. However, I am not a moron. I do ride with my bucket and leather jacket for base protection. My original jacket was the typical motorcycle leather jacket. After 20 years and 200K miles in it....the jacket needed to be retired. So my new leather jacket is a Buffalo leather jacket with pockets for armor on back, shoulders and elbows. The leather is insanely thick at 1.4mm where most leather jackets are half that. This jacket weighs 8 lbs. Its got the zip out insulation liner for winter use. And the jacket has zip up vents so you dont overheat in the summer. Its a great jacket and I decided to make it better. 0412221708.jpg0412221707a.jpg

Now that is cool! I was just looking for an actual Vmax jacket about a week ago, I found one that I liked and of course the company went out of business. Where did you get the patches? Awesome coat!

Copper Shoei RF-SR, Olympia hi viz jacket, Aerostich Darien Pants, HD Boots.
Hubby is covered in Aerostitch and has a few helmets.

I will admit I do ride without a helmet at times, but I do have 2 nice leathers I wear. The one is what I consider my cold leather, it has a nice liner and weighs about 15/20lbs it’s so heavy! The other one is for about 60 degrees, old and all beat up and fits just right. I always wear a boot, also have 3 different ones specifically for riding. 06D44C61-8514-4B7F-9A09-9C3144ED6D86.jpeg

Any event requires an appropriate appearance. In a man's closet, even if he is an avid motorcyclist, there should be ceremonial clothing in addition to sports and biker clothes. This perfectly suits a suit or tuxedo, which can be worn at a wedding reception and at official events. On this site Men's Wedding Suits & Groom's Tuxedos | Gentleman's Guru, you can buy a suit close to yours with a daring print or any other in which you feel comfortable. The selection of suits is wide, so you will find something for you.

Last edited:
Always bike jacket, pants, boots, helmet, gloves.
My textile red jacket says Honda, whatever I ride.

AGV carbon fibre modular helmet
leather jacket, leather trousers, boots and gloves

can't ever afford the risk of shredding my arms or legs by wearing t-shirt or shorts.

in the current heat we are having at the moment, the leather trousers are a nightmare to get on over sweaty legs.

AGV carbon fibre modular helmet
leather jacket, leather trousers, boots and gloves

can't ever afford the risk of shredding my arms or legs by wearing t-shirt or shorts.

in the current heat we are having at the moment, the leather trousers are a nightmare to get on over sweaty legs.
Invest in some sweat gear. Kinda like long underwear but for the heat. Makes getting leathers on and off a breeze when your sweaty.

I wear a Harley Davidson perforated leather jacket with elbow and shoulder armor, armored gloves, helmet and harness boots for my highway work commute.

I have some new boots that are meant to wear all day but still breaking them in. When the weather is cooler I have vented leather jacket with removable liner and have a back armor in that.

Around town, if warmer I wear light leather gloves, half helmet and leather vest if too warm for the perforated jacket

CheersI'll look into that. I should have mentioned that my main hobby is cycling (mountain biking to be exactly) so my legs are larger than average hence why the trousers are tight, add some heat and I'm in trouble. I've considered using talc but that's bordering on weird.

ICON Motorsports helmet, Fox Titan Pro pressure suit, leather/carbon fiber armoured gloves, Fox Titan pro knee/shin combo under Carhartt style pants, mikwaukee leather boots. The last picture is just respect to my father who rides with me now. In my town B.C. Canada that knife is 'illegal carry' hence the zip tie LoL

Attachments

• Resized_20220716_230438.jpeg
    Resized_20220716_230438.jpeg
    679.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20220704_215455.jpeg
    Resized_20220704_215455.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20220704_215749.jpeg
    Resized_20220704_215749.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220812_153808.jpg
    20220812_153808.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220812_153826.jpg
    20220812_153826.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220813_073650.jpg
    20220813_073650.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
my main hobby is cycling (mountain biking to be exactly) so my legs are larger than average hence why the trousers are tight, add some heat and I'm in trouble. I've considered using talc but that's bordering on weird.
Super!!!!👍 How many miles/week?

Always classy. 😉
'Was at the Montreal DGR 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220918_201750.jpg
    Screenshot_20220918_201750.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I've lived all around the world. All people riding motorcycles in warm countries like South America, Australia and Asia region use a helmet, t-shirt and shorts. Whenever the weather permits, I do the same. When colder, light jacket, jeans, gloves. Helmet is mandatory. I have one that fits my style and is super lightweight.

Back