what bikes have yall beat?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I've added a Honda Rebel & a Vespa to my list. :rofl_200:

Lots, but my favorites will always be V-rods and M109Rs. They seem to take defeat the worst LOL.

I thought about going for a V-Rod or M109R .... I hope no one ejects me for saying this. lmfao. I came to my senses rather quickly.

A guy a few houses down has a vrod. He actually flipped me off when i beat him. I just smiled and very nicely waved back. Probally my favorite so far.

a buddy has a '10 night rod vrod. he wont open it up... no matter how much i ask or belittle. ill just have to find another victim. nice bike for what it is tho.g

never been up against a 109r, its good to know they dont have what it takes...

all of my friends own sportbikes lets see, kawi 650r, suzuki gsxr 600, gsxr 750 (to around 120 mph), theres others but any 750 to 929 sport bikes are the closest. il get big lengths at the lights but as they rpm up, (if they keep the front end down- this is a big factor) they come up quickly. litre class bikes are fun. you get your ass handed to you. but the same response i get is 'i cant believe how that bike takes off'. makes for a conversation anyway and sometimes an invite to ride later in the week.

and ultimately adding miles is what im all about.

peace,
evan...

Harley 1540, Harley V-Rod, Honda Turbo, Suzuki GSXR750, Kawasaki Ninja 600/1000, Yamaha R-1, Suzuki Busa

Im sure some of these bike were capable of going faster than they did but its not always speed that wins....Experience is a big +++ even though I havent been riding the Max for very long Ive been riding fast my whole life

Strait line: My brothers 92 Ninja (its an E not an R)and every Harley Ive EVER pulled up near,Magnas,XS1100's,Vulcans,the list goes on and on.

In the twisties:couple GSXRs,couple CBRs,Couple Ninjas.Once overtook a Ducati 1098 but THAT was short lived...

In traffic between cars: EVERYTHING.I split lanes every time I ride and have regularly done so through L.A. at rush hour so I dont back off. I cut through cars doing 90mph some times. Bad habbit but usually when I slow down to wait for my brother he points to the speedo and reminds me Im buzzing a bit fast.

(this does not include the MILLION times my buddies 07 CBR R/R has whooped my ass,in canyons,stop lights,traffic,whatever. If its wearing fairings its NOT an easy kill for the Max)

"GreenlightBlitz" wrote, In traffic between cars: EVERYTHING.I split lanes every time I ride and have regularly done so through L.A. at rush hour so I dont back off. I cut through cars doing 90mph some times."

I am thinking you are a younger rider, because few people who have 30+ years under their belts on the streets do that. Do I recall an earlier post where you claimed to be one of the youngest owners? (no search).

You may not know the saying about "old" and "bold" riders of motorcycles.

In the interests of self-preservation, I hope you go out the door armored everywhere, up-to and possibly including a HANS-device! (a bit of hyperbole there, but not by-much)

Remember, it's not a question of "if," it's a question of "when."

Another VMax, I pulled him from 140 up.. An R1 that one buddy had. He sold it a week after. That was the riders fault I beat him. Another buddy with a modded R1 freaked when he looked back to see SkullDuggery, my 89 before shifting to 3rd. I was right there. He took 3rd into the Ozone and I just watched.. No chance I could compete with that. All the Harley's and Hardley's. One hot Sportster, I finally got by at 130...

"GreenlightBlitz" wrote, In traffic between cars: EVERYTHING.I split lanes every time I ride and have regularly done so through L.A. at rush hour so I dont back off. I cut through cars doing 90mph some times."

I am thinking you are a younger rider, because few people who have 30+ years under their belts on the streets do that. Do I recall an earlier post where you claimed to be one of the youngest owners? (no search).

You may not know the saying about "old" and "bold" riders of motorcycles.

In the interests of self-preservation, I hope you go out the door armored everywhere, up-to and possibly including a HANS-device! (a bit of hyperbole there, but not by-much)

Remember, it's not a question of "if," it's a question of "when."

I ride leathered head to toe,ALWAYS. And yes Im one of the young guns but its had no impact on my otherwise impeccable judgement. I threw my leg over my first bike at the age of 7, and my first street legal 650 at 13. Having only had 1 crash, as a result of catastrophic break failure locking the front caliper of a bike I was rebuilding,no fault of my own.

Keeping also in mind I live in California,where lane splitting is still legal because you dont get a choice on our freeways,hence the reason you can tail police officers doing it for miles...even when the traffic is "good" at 4am it is a part of riding here.

Maybe some of our reaction timing is just faster?:confused2: I cant say Ive ever been a situation where I was not 100% sure in my capability as a rider as well as my equiptment to remove myself from a situation of danger. My risks are calculated if nothing else but I do appriciate your concern:biglaugh:

Sounds like you prepare for the ride, that's good. Just recall that the goal is always to live to ride another day, and that you can do everything right, only to have someone in an 'altered state' put you in harm's way.

I have slowed-down as I have gotten older. I don't think my night vision is as-good as it was when I was younger. I try to be more-careful because as you put it, "...our reaction timing is just faster?" Yours, not mine!

Agression in traffic is something to be avoided, some can deal w/it better than others. With age comes moderation and that is where I find myself after 45 years of motor vehicle operation.

Sounds like you prepare for the ride, that's good. Just recall that the goal is always to live to ride another day, and that you can do everything right, only to have someone in an 'altered state' put you in harm's way.

I have slowed-down as I have gotten older. I don't think my night vision is as-good as it was when I was younger. I try to be more-careful because as you put it, "...our reaction timing is just faster?" Yours, not mine!

Agression in traffic is something to be avoided, some can deal w/it better than others. With age comes moderation and that is where I find myself after 45 years of motor vehicle operation.

One reason Im a step ahead of the curve for my age: I will take note of advice and try to think on it more as Im riding. Youre absolutely right. Theres much more to be seen then the far right side of your speedo.

In all honesty, I do appriciate your concern for my well being.

I consider myself to be a bit of a hooligan on the bike, and won't say I've never split cars when I'm feeling "frisky", but I've never done it in heavy traffic. Sometimes if there's a car in the right lane, and a car in the left lane going .1mph faster and taking years to pass, I'll shoot between the two into empty road, but that's it. One of my buddies with a crotch rocket goes nuts and weaves between rush-hour traffic moving at 50mph at 90....to me that's just asking for it. You can all the faith you want in your skill, but all it takes is one cager to not look, abruptly change lanes without signal, do something unpredictable....

To me, there's a time and a place for hooliganism, and moderate to heavy traffic just isn't it. At night, mid-afternoon when there's light traffic, or none on some roads, I'll ride however I please, pass on the right, do double the speed limit or more. Traffic is just too unpredictable, that's what all the body armor is for. I'm not arrogant enough to think my riding skills make me accident-proof.

Seem to remember I was the youngest here at 21.

Oh yeah, bikes I've smoked.....
-Countless HDs. Everything from baggers to sportsters(incl a XR1200). None even had a snowball's chance in hell and were a speck in the mirror by the end of second.
-R6, so long as we shut down by about 90mph.
-Vrod.....a bit better than the air-cooled crap, to a spectator it might have appeared it was actually racing me. It took an extra second or two for it to fade away.
-Magna V65. Soundly beat it, but it wasn't a total blowout.

The M109 is the Vmax's closest competition. Stock to stock, the Vmax will take it. Add a powercommander and 5th gear rev limiter delete chip(apparently 109's limit the ignition advance in fifth to neuter power a bit), and a Vmax with a Venture diff, and it gets a lot closer. A good launch on my part will give me a jump off the line, but he hangs right with me, never more than a bike length or two behind all the way up. Top end speed I edge him out, a 109 hits the true rev limiter in fifth at around 140. But otherwise, we're really damn close. Highway roll-ons he takes me(unless I cheat and downshift) initially, but I usually cruise past him at 115-120 or so.

I beat a guy on a newer 1200 Sportster a couple of weeks back. It was just a sprint to a merge of two lanes, and after I cleaned his clock, he passed across the double yellow, flipping me off. Total tool, like most Hardly riders-especially Sportster riders, since even other Hardly riders think of them as bitches.

does it seem to be that harley guys take it the worst?

;)

losing that is.

I have smoked my fair share & been out ran by a few to. If my brother ever makes it down here to visit with his FXR we might have to have a drag day & the GEN 1's better be on there game to beat his FXR.

Hmm, guess not then....I'm a whole 4 months older.

Only once after raping a HD did they stick around to chat, it was actually a guy on some dresser. He pulled back up at the next stoplight, we chatted a bit, turned out he just wanted to see "one of those things" go for it and knew he didn't have a chance. Cool guy.

The rest of the time they act like a little bitch and run away and/or flip me off. Woah, what a badass. So much for your "american thunder".

Back