What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like aluminum heads and is that a Mallory distributor? Whose heads are they? TFS?

Pretty-close to the cast-iron double-hump 'fuelie' cyl heads yours being 2.08"/1.6" and the fuelie heads which are 2.2"/1.6". The longer intakes should help with airflow velocity, and proof of that is they spec it w/an 850 cfm carburetor. With the MSD distributor do you use the MSD-6AL box?

Pretty-close to the cast-iron double-hump 'fuelie' cyl heads yours being 2.08"/1.6" and the fuelie heads which are 2.2"/1.6". The longer intakes should help with airflow velocity, and proof of that is they spec it w/an 850 cfm carburetor. With the MSD distributor do you use the MSD-6AL box?
I'm actually using summits version of the 6 al

rode it yesterday...it was 70 degrees here for a day....took off and the bike felt super heavy in the steering and I'm like WTF...get back from going just down the road and check front tire pressure it was under 10lbs. yikes

before everyone is like "check before ya ride" I had just had a tire put on the front and we didn't check the steel valve stem nuts...they were loose. duh

didn't check the steel valve stem nuts...they were loose
No reason to loosen that unless you were replacing the rubber gaskets. Maybe it is easier to loosen the valve stem, and push it in, to bleed-off air pressure for changing the tire, instead of removing the valve core.

No reason to loosen that unless you were replacing the rubber gaskets. Maybe it is easier to loosen the valve stem, and push it in, to bleed-off air pressure for changing the tire, instead of removing the valve core.
I took it to a buddys scooter shop to have him change the tire and balance it….we removed the schrader valve to deflate the tire before we took the old one off.

It was just loose and leaking.

2.02in 1.64ext valves double hump heads cannot compare to even the cheapest china heads today. I've never seen a 2.2" intake valve, that's over ½ of the bore diameter even if its bored .30 on a 4" bore.

Oops, I believe you're right!. Put that zero before the second two, the one to the right of the point.

Back