What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After being stalled for exactly forever and a day, I got my USD forks in the mail yesterday. Spent the last two evenings test fitting everything before I yank off the front end and send the aluminum triple tree to get coated. Man it felt good to roll it around the shop and sit on it without worrying about it falling off the stands.

I really like the rear end as well, you have any clearance issues with the plate and the rear wheel?

Not sure yet, I've bounced on it hard a few times and it hasn't hit yet. May have to bend it up some; it's held on by double sided tape just incase... I'm running a 3in over, it has no clearance issues with the standard swingarm.

Not sure yet, I've bounced on it hard a few times and it hasn't hit yet. May have to bend it up some; it's held on by double sided tape just incase... I'm running a 3in over, it has no clearance issues with the standard swingarm.

you'll be taking the centerstand off i imagine eh?

Since it hits the braced swing ya, but I did sence that it might be helpful when I install the exhaust.:biglaugh:

Well got home Sunday, and so did several things to the bike. Changed the fuel filter, and took the fuel pump apart looking for any kind of trash (didnt find any), and also decided the change the jets in the carbs.

When I went to Topeka Ks for the Vmax dyno day....I learned something that I didnt know..I'm running rich. According to Sean, a stock Vmax can pick up some horses going from 152.5's to 150's. PLUS, if you have slip-on's..you can go down 1 jet size as well. So...I needed to go to 147.5's.

You can see by the last pic that there is some carbon built up on the valves....so I needed to go down as well. Today the bike does feel peppier, although the only way to really tell, is to take it back to Topeka next year.

106 HP (as you can see on the dyno sheet) isnt too bad for an engine with 35000 miles. I told him to take it to 10000 rpm, it smoked a bit for half of the first run (had to clear its throat) and was nice and clean for the other 4 runs. LOL....I was hoping for 110 hp though, but Ive been bitten by the dyno bug, so this wont be the only trip.

Attachments

• Scan0007.pdf
    312 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0725.jpg
    IMAG0725.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMAG0726.jpg
    IMAG0726.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0727.jpg
    IMAG0727.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0728.jpg
    IMAG0728.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0732.jpg
    IMAG0732.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Removed the rear fender, sanded and repainted the support plus my addition from adding the CBR tail light about 6 months ago. Essentially rust prevention stuff, nothing fancy.

In other news tore down the super magna and sent off the painted parts for a complete overhaul. Sticking with the stock candy red color however adding ghost flames throughout the whole setup plus having the belly pan painted from black to matching red. I'll post pics when I get the parts back and have it reassembled in November.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I really like the rear end as well, you have any clearance issues with the plate and the rear wheel?

Update: yes the plate does have the ability to hit the tire at full deflection when used on a 3in over swingarm. Oh well, Plan 37b-16 will be put into action, will update as able. Stay tuned.

Not "what did you do to your VMax," but, "what did you do for your VMax today?" I got this to help me work on it: http://www.motorcyclejacks.com/LATV-J.shtml

I didn't get the new, full-cost item, ($149 +tax) I got a craigslist special, at a heavy discount. I tested it for hydraulic leakage by cycling it up & down a few times, and climbed-aboard in the 'extended' position to see if there was any leakage, none-found:clapping: so I bought it. The red paint is faded, but the frame is straight, and no corrosion on the pump shaft, the casters all roll easily, and the swivel ones lock. The ratchet mechanism for locking the lift at a specific position is disabled, restoring it will require nothing-more than reversing the 'boomerang'-looking square stock steel pieces on the parallelogram frame closest to the jack bottle. The thing feels very-solid, it weighs 80 lb.

So, I won't have-to bend-down so-far to work on the bike, and my 3 ton floor jack gets a rest.

And, no, it is not the lift Dingy was writing-about in another thread. That is a platform lift, this is a jack w/2 contact pads for the load.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 18
Don't run the bike with it on the stand since the rubber pads will melt lol. Been there!

Not "what did you do to your VMax," but, "what did you do for your VMax today?" I got this to help me work on it: http://www.motorcyclejacks.com/LATV-J.shtml

I didn't get the new, full-cost item, ($149 +tax) I got a craigslist special, at a heavy discount. I tested it for hydraulic leakage by cycling it up & down a few times, and climbed-aboard in the 'extended' position to see if there was any leakage, none-found:clapping: so I bought it. The red paint is faded, but the frame is straight, and no corrosion on the pump shaft, the casters all roll easily, and the swivel ones lock. The ratchet mechanism for locking the lift at a specific position is disabled, restoring it will require nothing-more than reversing the 'boomerang'-looking square stock steel pieces on the parallelogram frame closest to the jack bottle. The thing feels very-solid, it weighs 80 lb.

So, I won't have-to bend-down so-far to work on the bike, and my 3 ton floor jack gets a rest.

And, no, it is not the lift Dingy was writing-about in another thread. That is a platform lift, this is a jack w/2 contact pads for the load.

Canadian Tire sells those for 89 on sale.. my buddy bought one for his awesome meanstreak.. anf his god damn harley lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

ya know for working on the bikes the table lift is great but for tire changes or having to remove the wheels at all this is key. I use it more than i use the table lift honestly.

I have a motorcycle stand very simular, I didnt melt my pads...but one did stick to the exhaust, because I didnt allow it to cool down enough.

The stock exhaust won't hurt it too much but a header will melt it quick. I was doing that to test it while it was in gear.

Back