What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) does pretty much anything and everything to make money. You can get plates for everything from the Armed Forces to Colleges and Universities to Wildlife.

If you get some down time, and I mean a LOT of it, you can explore the number plates Georgia offers here:

https://mvd.dor.ga.gov/motor/plates/PlateSelection.aspx

Got an even better one for you. I had to get 'FERRARE' because the 'FERRARI' was auctioned off for $10,000.

My buddy's on the Challenger forum asked why I put a hitch on it. Told them that when I go upstate to pickup a bike, I want to go quickly.... :p

Attachments

• DSC08991.JPG
    DSC08991.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 9
Cops here in Texas, don't want to look that close. Or can't see...
In Houston I've been tailed by the police a number of times, followed a few miles say three times, and acttually followed for about 15 minutes right to my door, and they waited to see me getting out and walking to the door. This was all in the black convertible Mustang.

In Houston I've been tailed by the police a number of times, followed a few miles say three times, and acttually followed for about 15 minutes right to my door, and they waited to see me getting out and walking to the door. This was all in the black convertible Mustang.
My kids live in Houston. When I go visit them 'I Carry.' The people that try to jack my ride will get something Free of charge. :mad:

Cops here don't need to see your plate in pretty much any state. They have tag scanners in their cars. That's why they don't allow certain tag covers as they block the scanners.
We have plenty of police cars and vans with what is known as ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) so it surely would help to reduce the size of a number plate for a motorcycle. From what I have read the crooks put plates with numbers/letters that do not exist, (easily found through checking an MOT cert on website) and this ANPR does not recognise this non existant plate as a fault in any way.

One of my projects I picked up in Houston with my first Challenger about 3 years ago.
I like the cut-out on the trailer for the front wheel, I was going to do this on mine, as I've nearly dropped bikes out the back of my van a couple of times.

We have plenty of police cars and vans with what is known as ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) so it surely would help to reduce the size of a number plate for a motorcycle. From what I have read the crooks put plates with numbers/letters that do not exist, (easily found through checking an MOT cert on website) and this ANPR does not recognise this non existant plate as a fault in any way.
Strange. Here the system is automated. Most fake tags don't have the proper coating on them to be recognized by the scanner, so they're instantly flagged as bogus.

What's more, the scanner automatically submits the tag numbers to the database to report if it's accurate, expired, has outstanding tickets, pretty much anything.

That's how you can tell people in the neighborhood who probably have unpaid parking tickets: they always back their cars in to prevent them from being scanned.

Strange. Here the system is automated. Most fake tags don't have the proper coating on them to be recognized by the scanner, so they're instantly flagged as bogus.

What's more, the scanner automatically submits the tag numbers to the database to report if it's accurate, expired, has outstanding tickets, pretty much anything.

That's how you can tell people in the neighborhood who probably have unpaid parking tickets: they always back their cars in to prevent them from being scanned.
It appears here the ANPR scans the plate but only looks for faults against the plate, so if the plate is read in and no faults come up then it is assumed clean, even if the plate does not exist! That is what I've heard, but I may be wrong.

We only check MOT (vehicle health), insurance, and registration. The police can put an additional tag on a car for various things like previously involved in crime.

Cars here are not tagged for parking tickets, unpaid child support etc (I watch Judge Judy 🤪).

As promised, here is my tape!
Having a rough day, though, my battery is dead and I'm unable to jump it. Hopefully, I haven't messed up my starter clutch! There's a story to it, long story short, the safety inspection guy left my battery on too long (over an hour) because he didn't like the way my 1" progressives sound when he bottoms out the front suspension. (Makes a "click" sound) so it died at an intersection a week ago, from neutral to first, jumped it, took it home and put it on a tender, and the battery seemed fine. Died today at a gas station, jumped it, died at an intersection, jumped it, then I pushed my luck and went past my house towards the autozone; died at the light. Tried the autozone jumper box, no dice. Terrible stuff. Waiting an hour on the insurance tow truck to take me 3 blocks up a steep hill to my place.

Attachments

• 20210811_113650.jpg
    20210811_113650.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 10
Buy the best quality battery you can afford. I would suggest a lithium ion.
I've got the Odyssey PC680 coming in tomorrow, I just realized I set my charger to "regular" instead of AGM; when I charged it, it would go up to 14v then drop back down to 12v. When restarting the charger, it would state it was 80% full. If I get a full charge with the correct settings, I might refund the battery and let it stay at the autozone down the block, as I have a 1 year old PC680 sitting in it right now.
How many volts should it read with a full charge, and the engine turned off?

Fully charged battery with the bike off should read 12.6 to 12.8 V, give or take.

As far as your 3M, some of those bubbles may eventually go away but it could take days or it could take months...I've got a headlight that was 'cleared' and I still have two bubbles in it after two months but the bike is always garaged and hasn't seen too much direct sun. You can also take a fine needle and 'poke' any bubbles that remain and push the trapped air or slip solution out.

In regards to that seam, not too much you can do about that outside of redoing the entire tank with a single piece and cutting around the emblem, etc. Most installers have a service they subscribe to that will cut patterns for the particular vehicle using a digitized template so they can minimize the number of seams, especially right in the middle of a panel, or in your case the tank.

Installing vinyl wraps or paint protection film is part art and part science...if you use plenty of slip solution, and I've seen professionals flood underneath the wrap with a soap/water solution to push air out, then you can minimize the amount of bubbles or at least give yourself a fighting chance of lifting the film to re-squeegee it.

Rebuilding The Air Box Joints and curious as to how important are these? The reason I ask is, if they're not that important then I'll let them be.

Attachments

• P8110017.JPG
    P8110017.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back