What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bang head:I looked at several parts again , exhaust, coils ,wires , all my upgraded brake parts. Can't wait to get my engine built . So how many are without there vmax because of broken parts right now? I am .I really miss my bike . lol

Copilot,did your blower bike break???

Copilot,did your blower bike break???
unfortunatly yes , My fault , overwinding - before I put a rev limiter and headers , With the blower the bike would absolutely flat wind up fast ,, gonna be right this time . a lot of upgraded parts Mr. Morley is helping me with .

which gaskets , and what injured it bad ,( wreck )?

Nah, I didn't wreck him... they just started leaking. I guess 'cause it's a '92? It's the left and right cover gaskets. I was able to get the left side finished last night without too much of a problem. I'll address the right side cover tomorrow along with the carb boots.

Oh shit I think I just realized what you meant by your question, "what injured it bad"! LOL!!!! If you've not seen the video of the little boy in my avitar, here's a link to it that will explain that question for you. This cracks me up every damned time I see it. :rofl_200:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5jVNsiM4IU

Are you a member of the AHBA too?
:punk:
Nah, I just like the term Honky Tonkin'! I lived in New Orleans for a while and that was a term we used when going out to the bars for some fun. We used that term quite a bit, if I remember correctly? :biglaugh:
Whew, we had some fun times in Nawlins! :thumbs up:

Hi guys, Got the air adjusted in the forks (without blowing the seals--luckily) and will take a run up the parkway shortly to check it out.

My wife gave me a good reason---"Honey, if you're out on your bike today, could you pick up-------------." She's good like that, gives me lots of excuses to go cruisin'. Not that I really need any more. :biglaugh:

Dan

I put new front turn signals on since the left side broke off at the bolt on my way down to the Topeka dyno day!! Got them from Nebraska Motorcycle Parts, $55. Kinda pricey but nice.

Attachments

• Newleds.jpg
    Newleds.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 20
  • newturn.jpg
    newturn.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 15
  • Newturns.jpg
    Newturns.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 22
Got the cover gaskets and carb boots finished up a little while ago. Those boots were cracked all to hell but none of them appeared to have been cracked far enough to really effect performance. That in mind, I didn't hold my breath for a huge difference one I buttoned everything back up. However, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that it sounds much smoother and that it's possibly a bit more responsive.

As far as the oil leak, hopefully that will take care of it. Up to this point, after riding for a few minutes then parking it, oil would leak right away. So far, it's not leaked so if nothing else, I made it better if not completely fixed it.

Hmmmmm...... what else...... Oh yeah, I got a new battery tender this week. While everything was off I went ahead and hooked up the wire to the batt and ran it out the back of the seat.

That's all for now. Gotta get back out there and change the oil in the wife's 'Burb then rotate the tires on my Silverado.

L8r all....

strapped a bag over the back seat and took a 800 mile ride in two days time..other then the ass getting a little sore...the max is one hell of a highway maching...at speeds of 75 80 90 averaged 40 mpg plus

I put new front turn signals on since the left side broke off at the bolt on my way down to the Topeka dyno day!! Got them from Nebraska Motorcycle Parts, $55. Kinda pricey but nice.

Hey Frosty those lights look pretty good. Are they LED or incandescent?
I've been wanting to get rid of the lollipops, but don't want to go to small because I ride in traffic a lot and I want people to see my signals!

strapped a bag over the back seat and took a 800 mile ride in two days time..other then the ass getting a little sore...the max is one hell of a highway maching...at speeds of 75 80 90 averaged 40 mpg plus

DAAAYUM! 113, Sounds like a hell of a trip! Where'd ya go, and how come none of us were invited? LOL!

While I was out on my usual Sunday Afternoon ride. I noticed that when you look at Baby's front wheel, the first thing you notice is the rusted rotor bolts. I am sick and tired of cleaning the damn rust off those bolts. So I stopped at ACE on my way home and picked up a can of primer and a can of Satin Red spray paints.
Got home removed all 12 rotor bolts sanded them all down with 350 grit paper, man did my fingers love that. Then I primed em, let that dry for an hour, then I painted em, just the heads mind you.
And went back an hour later.
Wouldn't you know it... Krylon Satin Red looks Just Like Purple... :bang head:

So here's a tip... If your looking for Busa Purple, Get Krylon Satin Red. It's a perfect match. It would have been sweeeeet, if only it was red!
At least the rusty bolts are gone, But I'll be re-doing the rotor bolts next weekend!

Sorry I'm still pictureless, still no camera.

While I was out on my usual Sunday Afternoon ride. I noticed that when you look at Baby's front wheel, the first thing you notice is the rusted rotor bolts. I am sick and tired of cleaning the damn rust off those bolts. So I stopped at ACE on my way home and picked up a can of primer and a can of Satin Red spray paints.
Got home removed all 12 rotor bolts sanded them all down with 350 grit paper, man did my fingers love that. Then I primed em, let that dry for an hour, then I painted em, just the heads mind you.
And went back an hour later.
Wouldn't you know it... Krylon Satin Red looks Just Like Purple... :bang head:

So here's a tip... If your looking for Busa Purple, Get Krylon Satin Red. It's a perfect match. It would have been sweeeeet, if only it was red!
At least the rusty bolts are gone, But I'll be re-doing the rotor bolts next weekend!

Sorry I'm still pictureless, still no camera.

I hear ya there Cowboy - I had the same problem, but I went with stainless bolts - would like to see how they would look like red tho.

Mike

I hear ya there Cowboy - I had the same problem, but I went with stainless bolts - would like to see how they would look like red tho.

Mike

Next week when I try a real red, I'll take pics with my cell phone, (not sure how good they will be).

I was going to go the stainless route too, but the whole discussion on stainless in aluminum, paying 1-2 bucks per bolt, ordering and waiting for delivery, made me decide to just paint the damn things. Looks Totally Kewl! Just not Red. Satin Black would have worked great, but noooo I wanted red. LOL!

Mike
Gday Mike.
You may be different to Oz, but here stainless bolts are not a high enough tensile strenth to do structural work.
A mate found this the hard way when his rear sprocket came loose at speed (on a chopped Honda 750F2 no less)
Our Aus design rules state we should use Grade 8.8 or higher for brake/suspension or critical work.

DAAAYUM! 113, Sounds like a hell of a trip! Where'd ya go, and how come none of us were invited? LOL!

went to new jersey to meet guys i been talking to for 4 years on ..club chopper forum
guy from Mississippi ....NC... KENTUCKY.... NH ..PA..about 30 people for the weekend..all choppers and one max

Gday Mike.
You may be different to Oz, but here stainless bolts are not a high enough tensile strenth to do structural work.
A mate found this the hard way when his rear sprocket came loose at speed (on a chopped Honda 750F2 no less)
Our Aus design rules state we should use Grade 8.8 or higher for brake/suspension or critical work.

Hey cjmeg, never had an issue with sheared bolts yet and I have hammered the front and back brakes more than once over the years - I have stainless on pretty much every bolt except the engine cases.

I appreciate your concerns and understand that I would not use them on a drive sprocket either.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back