What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend I added a factory flyscreen and ripped into my forks for the emulators and springs mod.

I have the rods modded, and everything cleaned up to reasemble. I just need to clean the uppers where the bottom triple calmp has scratched it up a bit.

Then new seals and I'm set!

Up next is a drag bar, then I'll throw on my masters, braided lines and brembos/R1 rotors

I added an Odyssey battery this weekend and put 69 miles of fun on mine today.

I love this bike!:punk:

Mike

I looked at it. about 7 weeks left till riding time. you guys riding now suck:bang head:. oh yeah, ordered a helmet cam.

I looked at it. about 7 weeks left till riding time. you guys riding now suck:bang head:. oh yeah, ordered a helmet cam.

Well, it was about 70 today. However, this weather only lasts a short while. Soon we will be sweating bullets with 90+ degree temps and matching humidity. I am enjoying the cool weather while I can!

Mike

most of my riding is at night coffee runs about 45 mile round trip a night probably average 400 450 miles a week to the same place for coffee 1/2 highway 1/2 secondary roads...hit 100 plus atleast once every night...enjoy the night riding the best

Woke up late missed the weather, drove the truck in to work. left early for lunch as the weather was in upper 50's got the max was late gettin back. Thought about doing Work but couldnt, clocked out at 3:30 to get back in the saddle. happend along into an 80 something Corvette wanting to play, no fun there sorry dude. Cruised up main street, kid in a hip hop some sort of pick up wanted to race I guess,, oh well no fun there. went to see wife at work , come home in the rain.
Inspired to get back to work on my oil gauge mod im working on. Its gonna be cool but unfortunatly no more horsepower there.
I wish there were more V maxes around,,,,,, Kinda!

:punk:

Well Last week end I put new Valve Cover Gaskets in.
And then during the week I changed the fluids, did all the required maintenance and then some.
Put in some Engine Ice to see how good it works.
Changed the gauge and speedo lights to Red.
Took the Yamaha Tuning fork emblems off the air box cover.
Washed and polished her all up for Bike week.

Attachments

• Baby1_3-1-08.jpg
    Baby1_3-1-08.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Baby2_3-1-08.jpg
    Baby2_3-1-08.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Baby3_3-1-08.jpg
    Baby3_3-1-08.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 15
Changed the color today. Replaced the airbox cover and both fenders with metallic burgundy. Rode for about 25 miles and then came home and drained some oil as I had overfilled it a bit.

Plan on riding a good two hours tomorrow as well.

Mike

Today i fitted a set of stainless Goodridge brake hoses. Now my bike actually stops:eusa_dance:

Dropped off my Corbin seat to the upholsterer to thin it 'er up. Got the forward controls mounted last week too. Can't wait to ride.

Put a new Metzler tire on the front. Added two chromed Skull license plate bolts to the rear (small addition there, but it is the little touches that make the difference sometimes!).

not today but in the last 2 months-bought otec triples and 04 r1 front end, isr radial master cylinders, shift light, 05 r1 radial mount calipers, and 04 r1 rotors. still need to buy heavier springs and install. height should be more like stock compared to cycleoneoff setup currently on the bike. which will be for sale when the swap is complete. i bought it last year and have only put about 750-1000 miles on it. should have everything here sorted out before this bs snow and ice we just got is gone.

later odieoh24

I am still keeping things simple. Just got my fly screen in and will be putting in on tonight when I get home.

Took my v-max for a walk today when I ran out of gas that is. Luckily the gas station was about two blocks away.

Took my v-max for a walk today when I ran out of gas that is. Luckily the gas station was about two blocks away.

I've had that happen twice... and it sucks! It's one of the times you realize who heavy the VMax is.

I've had that happen twice... and it sucks! It's one of the times you realize who heavy the VMax is.

It's a real good idea to watch the odometer.And definately get some gas when the red light comes on.A couple times mine ran out right after the light came on.:th_signs60:

my 06 has a gas reserve switch..did the max always have a gas reserve switch ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back