What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about selling it...:bang head:

My back is just totally screwed so I don't see me riding this year...:stickyman:

My back is just totally screwed so I don't see me riding this year...:stickyman:

Have you checked with a place that has the "accu spina" machine? They are promoting a 90% success rate with herniated, cruched, collapsed disks.

I'm thinking about it, they just got one in town a few months ago.

http://www.namcorporation.com/

Chris, I hope that you don't have to sell your bike (s) - but I do know how it feels to have a bad back. Three months ago, I re-injured my herniated disk (between L2 & L3) and ended up a month flat on my back - the inner gelly sack went into the spine and was pressing on my central nerve - the same thoughts came to mind about the future of riding, but today I'm about 70% - it does heal eventually, but never 100%

Give it time and hopefully it will heal and you will be able to ride!

Mike

Have you checked with a place that has the "accu spina" machine? They are promoting a 90% success rate with herniated, cruched, collapsed disks.

I talked to one of the doctors that I know from the gym and he needs to see my MRI CD to determine if it's going to work. He's a pretty straight shooter so I trust him.

Cheers,
Chris

well tonight s my last night on my shift. I did pull my cover off today and took some pics of the beast and I put one on my profile. Tomarow while most are at work I plan to ride about 50 miles over to Garden City Ks and see a couple bus partners then stop by the local Yamaha shop. I am needing a couple front bolts holding my rear grab handle on(vibrated out-my fault)and then I am missing a plastic piece on one of my sparkplug wires that is loose in my left rear coil. Hopefully after tomarrow the beast will be completely ready for the summer ahead.:thumbs up:

Blacked out more chrome, (headlight ring, instument cowel piece, foot peg mounts), ordered new lil' signals w/ clear lenses.

Next step, pull swingarm and drive unit to paint black.

Did my first 20 minute session today! OMG it felt great! I am in horrible pain right now but it felt great on the machine...:thumbs up: 3-4 more weeks of it every day!:in love::in love::in love::in love:

Hey Kevman. Thanks for the reply to the lighting question.

I'm heading for the Bowen Basin (Emerald, Clermont etc) in late April. Want to add some candles to the ride before I have to dodge Roos on the inland highways.

Any more info on the lights you selected?

Pics? Model numbers? URL's?

today was a great day. Started out cold and windy but by noon it was just windy :)
Went to Yamaha shop and picked up a plug wire splicer so I could rob the rubber that goes inside the cap on my coil. Worked great. Had a fun ride along side my brother's Goldwing(not much a challenge but it was company). Cruised around town on and off rest of day.
Now its time to shine the max after a dirty windy day in kansas

Did my first 20 minute session today! OMG it felt great! I am in horrible pain right now but it felt great on the machine...:thumbs up: 3-4 more weeks of it every day!:in love::in love::in love::in love:

Rockin :punk:, Your going to be healed before you know it :biglaugh:

Rockin :punk:, Your going to be healed before you know it :biglaugh:

3rd one today! The guy strapped me in and I was in PAIN! The Dr. came back and moved the strap to a more comfy spot. OMG the first strap point nearly made me cry...:surprise:

guys hope all works out for you pain is no way to go through life worse when you have to work with it all the time been there done that....fight it all the way

Yesterday I installed black drag bars, black levers, black napoleon type mirror, k&n air filter, turn signal, put grab bar on in place of sissy bar, mini turn signals, givi airstars windshield, black billet swingarm covers w/ tuning fork design, led cateye tailight, grips, billet bar ends, and radiator grill.
Today removing grab bar, turn signals, handlebar/turnsignal riser, radiator grill, front/ rear fenders, faux tank, side cover to prepare for painting.

got some sweet pieces from a gracious friend. took my whole tax return plus a few hundred more-but well worth the 1200 bucks. how do you think it'll look with this stuff and the new 05 r1 front end installed? unfortunately i dont have the skills or patience to install the stuff so i'll use the local dealer-also a good friend who has worked on all my machines since 2000. we just got another 3-4 inches of snow here so its gonna be a little while longer. just means i'll be spending a little more money lol

later odieoh24/#3611

Attachments

• 388.jpg
    388.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 389.jpg
    389.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 393.jpg
    393.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 394.jpg
    394.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 35
  • 397.jpg
    397.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 30
Put the new drag bar/Pro Grip set on the bike last night. Got them from Python Motorsports. I'm pretty sure I rec'd the bar/grips within like (3) days of executing the order online. The bike looks and feels great too. I think with shipping I only have about $37.50 in them.
:punk:

I've decided to do cleaning, inspection and lubing of all the bearings. Yesterday I finished the front wheel. New bearings and polished rim. Today I started on the rear. Ordered parts. Now while I'm waiting for the parts I'll do the steering yoke bearings and swingarm too. I would love to take that ugly sissybar off but my Gfrind might think I want to ride solo. Dave#3505

Well spring is finally here so I finally found the time to start the motor swap. The old one is out,:banana: now I'm just waiting for the solid motor mounts, find someone in my area with a strong back :whistlin: and I'll be putting in the new motor! :banana:

Attachments

• img_0664.jpg
    img_0664.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back