What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The polished alum. ones I ordered were $190 shipped to NY state. Plus a buck or two more for cross border credit card fee and currency exchange.

Kinda pricey, but well worth it IMHO. :clapping:

dan

Hey Dan i have a bunch of that heavy gauge screen left over if you want some for your bike. i had to buy alot more than i needed, so send me a p.m. with your name and address and i will gladly send you some.

Bill

A piece of shiny black plastic (I used the phenolic tag material from work, like the stuff they use to make name signs for office doors) , cut to fit and simply glue in place or velcroed in place would clean that up, stuffs easy to cut and shape with a dremel tool....I did that for a while on my old setup..

We even have the machine at work if you want me to make one up saying "I'm Gay" or "Garage queen" before sending you some.....:rofl_200:

I could do without the gay sign but maybe one that bolts in place of the sissy bar???

Is that something you can do? I would happily pay you... :worthy:

I could do without the gay sign but maybe one that bolts in place of the sissy bar???

Is that something you can do? I would happily pay you... :worthy:

Chris, I don't think the gay sign would be good with the sissy bar and the butt less chaps it might just be a bit over the top well on another note I know your girlfriend would feel totally secure!

Chris, I don't think the gay sign would be good with the sissy bar and the butt less chaps it might just be a bit over the top well on another note I know your girlfriend would feel totally secure!

LOL

I spaced the needles up on mine today which helped but didn't cure the bobble at 7000rpm. BUT if I set the Vboost at 4500 RPM there is nothing and if I turn Vboost on all the time (20hp increase of course):whistlin: I also have no issue... It only happens when set to 6000 and I roll slowly through 7000 which I very seldom do.:eusa_dance:

LOL

I spaced the needles up on mine today which helped but didn't cure the bobble at 7000rpm. BUT if I set the Vboost at 4500 RPM there is nothing and if I turn Vboost on all the time (20hp increase of course):whistlin: I also have no issue... It only happens when set to 6000 and I roll slowly through 7000 which I very seldom do.:eusa_dance:

Chris, how much did you shim needles? A little more and you'd be golden.

LOL

What's a bobble? :ummm:

Replaced the V-Max Outlaw thermo switch with the stock one as the Outlaw one died (less that 12 months old). All is good again until I can get the Borg Warner switch (no one around town had it in stock:bang head:). Does anyone know the temp. setting on the Borg Warner switch?

got a dvd of the new max ...most interesting part was when talking about the old max history.... went into good detail about the old girl

Got some new body parts that were painted by another forum member (ABI04). Here are the before and after. Stock was the carbon fiber print and the new parts are burnt orange and charcoal silver with red metallic and some ghost flames. It's hard to capture the red metallic in the light on a camera, but it looks awesome.

Attachments

• DSC00051.jpg
    DSC00051.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00054.jpg
    DSC00054.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00056.jpg
    DSC00056.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC00058.jpg
    DSC00058.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00148.jpg
    DSC00148.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00057.jpg
    DSC00057.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 17
Those look terrible - let me do you a favour - give them to me and I will get rid of them for you - you need to go back to the carbon look - seriously - hurry up and get them off!!!

J/K - your bike looks great with the new tins.

Mike

just bolted on my new marks 4/2 exhaust in black with
12" polished cans. its pretty loud my neighbors are going love me LOL. it went together fairly easy the left can is a little tight on the shock but a little persuasion helped. i did not get to the morley jet kit install yet maybe one night this week should help running but it dont run horrible you know i had to ride it! here is a couple pics of the system i tried to load a vid clip but had trouble so i gave up for know i have a mpg
format and the system dont take that format who has the solution for that . :drool:

Attachments

• ebay pics 019.jpg
    ebay pics 019.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 14
  • ebay pics 016.jpg
    ebay pics 016.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 28
  • ebay pics 017.jpg
    ebay pics 017.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 18
  • ebay pics 018.jpg
    ebay pics 018.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 17
12" polished cans. its pretty loud my neighbors are going love me LOL. it went together fairly easy the left can is a little tight on the shock but a little persuasion helped. i did not get to the morley jet kit install yet maybe one night this week should help running but it dont run horrible you know i had to ride it! here is a couple pics of the system i tried to load a vid clip but had trouble so i gave up for know i have a mpg
format and the system dont take that format who has the solution for that . :drool:
Looks great! :thumbs up: What does the seat-of-the-pants dyno say?

Hey Chris, looks very nice :clapping: - how's the ride on radials versus bias?

:cheers: Mike

no dyno just yet when i get morley kit in and sync the carbs then i will give it a whirl on the dyno to bad the only one close to me is at a harley dealer i dont want to hurt their feelings LOL! i drove the max about 75 miles with the new radial it seemed to make a little difference to me but my cousin came over last night (he has a stock '06) and rode it . he said it felt a lot better to him . i just got my fork brace and will be tackling the front end this week too that should make a big difference.
all stand by for some fork lowering questions i am sure they will be coming.
Chris :a014:

well finally finished installing my R1 calipers with the galfer wave rotors.
Took it for a quick spin and i'm very happy with the looks and especially the stopping power. big difference!

Attachments

• 0722081513 (Small).jpg
    0722081513 (Small).jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 0722081512 (Small).jpg
    0722081512 (Small).jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back