What did you get for Christmas??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a new truck, since the rust on my Ford was a lot worse than I thought. It needed about 4k of work just to pass inspection, including

-new brake lines all around
-rear calipers(seized)/rotors
-park brake cables (these rusted solid)
-All 4 ball joints
-driver's side seatbelt (won't roll up anymore)
-Both front wheel bearings (one was so out of whack it was making the ABS act up)

120k miles and 11 years old. Rarely ever tows, no off-roading, carries a snowmobile around for 2 months in the winter. Other than that just a highway cruiser. Washed regularly in the winter as well.

Essentially the guy at the shop (that I've known and been taking it to for years) said it's genuinely dangerous to keep driving and had the "loosest ball joints I've ever seen". The radiator was literally about to fall out since the passenger side mount had turned to dust...not rusty....gone.

So it's in the yard with a for sale sign. '08 Tundra for me, had 3 Fords and all pretty much went to shit once they passed 100k. Had it with 'em.

I got a new truck, since the rust on my Ford was a lot worse than I thought. It needed about 4k of work just to pass inspection, including

-new brake lines all around
-rear calipers(seized)/rotors
-park brake cables (these rusted solid)
-All 4 ball joints
-driver's side seatbelt (won't roll up anymore)
-Both front wheel bearings (one was so out of whack it was making the ABS act up)

120k miles and 11 years old. Rarely ever tows, no off-roading, carries a snowmobile around for 2 months in the winter. Other than that just a highway cruiser. Washed regularly in the winter as well.

Essentially the guy at the shop (that I've known and been taking it to for years) said it's genuinely dangerous to keep driving and had the "loosest ball joints I've ever seen". The radiator was literally about to fall out since the passenger side mount had turned to dust...not rusty....gone.

So it's in the yard with a for sale sign. '08 Tundra for me, had 3 Fords and all pretty much went to shit once they passed 100k. Had it with 'em.

Salted roads to rust-out your vehicles is a conspiracy of the Obama administtration to compel you to buy new Government Motors replacement vehicles!:biglaugh:

Galfer SS 2-line front brake lines in black. Thanks Sean!

Latest posts

Back