What do you know about GMax helmets... Worthy?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KosRider

Reaction score
Fellow V-Maxers,
making an early New Years resolution to get a new riding helmet for the upcoming riding season; my 6 yr old HJC full face helmet has served it's time and needs to be retired. Store I'm going to next week has several name brand helmets including Shoei and Icon that I'm going to check out. (trying to find another store further down state that carries the Arai helmet line to compare with also) In checking out these helmets on their website, found they also carried the GMax Helmet line of modular flip up or full face models. They seem to be relatively new to the market, and have a lot of Canadian dealerships that carry them. Could be fun .... wearing a GMax while riding a V-Max :biglaugh:
Wondering if anyone else out there in V-Max land has any experience with this GMax brand of helmets ? Good ? Bad ? Worthy ? Appreciate any comments you might have on this ! Thanks Much !

They are, generally speaking, decent helmets.

There are a lot of Canadian dealers with them because the G Max brand of helmet is owned and distributed by Gamma Sales in Canada. They are a powersports aftermarket products supplier to dealers. They actually own the factory and it's based in some Asian country. Wild guess, China?

So I would say I have found them to be decent enough, middle of the ground, well priced helmets.

G Man

Thanks G Man for your reply.
Sounds like you may have one you're using ? If so, how does it compare to other helments for comfort & noise.

i had 1, used it for about a year. its not a bad helmet. compared to shoei or Icon no way near the quality and comfort but for 75-100 bucks it is a very decent helmet. now that i have had my Icon alliance ssr and domain II. I will always flip the bills for a nice helmet. you can sit on craigslist and find great deals on new/used helmets. alliance ssr is just as comfortable if not more as the domain2 and it about 1/2 the price. if you pm me what colors ect. your looking for i will keep my eye out. i come by good deals all the time. -Rob-

Thanks for the comments and offer Vmaximum. Don't think I'm going to go the craigslist way to get my helmet; just the way I am. Will probably find the same comparision to the shoei or Icon (or Arai?) once I try them on as you did. As you suggest, this time I'm flipping the bills for a nice, comfortable helmet. When I see it, I'll know it.

Hey Brian,
yea, was going to make a trip to Rocky's since they have the best helmet selection and prices around here in mid-Michigan. I've read the recent comments from forum members on various helmets, Arai / Shoei, Icon & yours on the Vemar. Good comments from all !! Rocky's sell the Shoei, Icon, GMax and a couple other brands, but they don't sell the Arai brand. :damn angry: However, the 2011 Michigan International Motorcycle Show is Jan 7-9th in Novi, Mi. and reps for Shoei and Arai will be there. Maybe some show discounts too:eusa_dance: Thinking of going there for the day (Friday or Sunday) to check out the bikes and helmets too; you know - multi-tasking :biglaugh:. If I find the right helmet for the right price at the show, GREAT ! If not, Rocky's here I come ! :punk:

I wear a Gmax fullface (not the modular) and its honestly the best helmet I've ever worn. I know its not a high end helmet, but its very comfortable and it vents like nothing else. I think they get good reviews.

Back