What do you own for pets ??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One cat, named Duckie who likes to play fetch.
I also occasionally watch my buddy's beast of a chocolate Lab, Jed.

We are owned by three pitbulls,Malice,Molly and Chloe along with about 25 Cochin chickens,10 Cockatiels and six fish tanks ranging from 55-480 gal. Hard for us to get away unless we have a house sitter who likes pets.:rofl_200:
Mike

christmas164.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture093.jpg

My blue heeler/lab mix, yellow lab. The frogs are poison dart frogs. I sold them all off, but at one point I had around 75 frogs, 14 different species, Here is a little video I did, doing some tricks with the heeler.
http://youtu.be/c699GZ_HWtM

Chickens: Lots of Cheap Eggs and a lot fewer Bugs... :rofl_200:Still have two of the big ones. One was a Rooster and had to go. 3 of the babies are now grown. Traded the rest off. Wife has the 5 of them named. Farah, Sabrina, Ginger, Cinnamon and Spice...:ummm: They're so big, they keep the cats away...

We had a Trained Miniature Rabbit, Elmo but She ran off a couple months ago... :confused2:

Attachments

• 1st 3.jpg
    1st 3.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Babies 3A.jpg
    Babies 3A.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 8
I just inherited a 4 year old walker hound from my sister. She is aptly named Princess because she has been treated like one. She can be a sweet dog but she is not very social, gets really excited around new situations, doesn't like other dogs, and it seems like cats are prey to her. I've had her about 5 weeks and she is finally recognizing me as being dominante. She is a real handful but is great one on one. I have a freind that has hunting dogs, has watched her for 2 weeks for me and thinks she has instints as a hunter. He wants to run her on some coyotes, bobcats and maybe a bear. But compared to his dogs Princess is a fat and out of shape. I really didn't want a dog, but there is no reson why I can't work with her and who know after some more time she may come around.
EDIT: Or maybe I need to come around....

Last edited:
I just inherited a 4 year old walker hound from my sister. She is aptly named Princess because she has been treated like one. She can be a sweet dog but she is not very social, gets really excited around new situations, doesn't like other dogs, and it seems like cats are prey to her. I've had her about 5 weeks and she is finally recognizing me as being dominante. She is a real handful but is great one on one. I have a freind that has hunting dogs, has watched her for 2 weeks for me and thinks she has instints as a hunter. He wants to run her on some coyotes, bobcats and maybe a bear. But compared to his dogs Princess is a fat and out of shape. I really didn't want a dog, but there is no reson why I can't work with her and who know after some more time she may come around.
2 words. Dog Whisperer. I've learned a ton from the show. Any of the technics from Ceasar Milan have always worked wonders for me.:punk:

I have two mini-schauzers. We love them. Cowboy is 13, Bella is 5.

I have two Golden Retrievers. Sadie (10yrs old and about 57 lbs) and Sam (5 years old and 98 lbs). I love them both like kids.

A mixed breed "Papillon", named Ricky - Short for Ricochet. He does bounce off walls!!
A rescued from a puppy mill Sheltie named Logan - getting old now, but a great dog.

And a Velied Chameleon, just got it, unnamed (Yeah, like it's gonna wag its tail and come when you call it!!)

Maggie dog and rusty cat

Attachments

• 2012-08-06_00-29-21_289.jpg
    2012-08-06_00-29-21_289.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20111229-00100.jpg
    IMG-20111229-00100.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 8
German ShortHair Pointer. Can't imagine having a better dog. Great dog, loves everyone and a great bird hunter. 80 pound lap dog.

I never thought I'd be a cat lover after 40 years with canine companions, but after our beagle mutt, "Tonic", died, we rescued two domestic short hairs from the shelter, "Mambo" (male) and "Jazz" (female)--both indoor cats. My love for these critters became self-apparant when Jazz ran off a week ago for the first time to explore the neighborhood for three days. My wife, daughter, and myself were beside ourselves. She returned as if nothing transpired, but Mambo was absolutely pissed off. With the matriarch gone, he had the run of the territory. As soon as she returned, his growls and hisses at her everytime she approached him were evidence of his dissatisfaction with her resuming control of the sofa.

My daughter also has a rabbit who was around when Tonic was still alive. The dog and Leelee (now called Lee since his thumping and "cat humping" have shown us that the pet store misidentified him as a her) were great mates and loved chasing each other around our screened-in porch. Now Lee no longer thinks he is a dog. Having adopted a feline alter-ego, he chases the cats around scaring Jazz up onto table so that he can release his sexual frustrations on a sun-bathing Mambo and poop in their litter box.

Once these critters are through gracing their time with us, we will be rescuing a dog from the shelter.

I have a fifty-five gallon fishtank, but life's other pleasures have demoted the Cichlids from an 8-year passion to an occasional hobby to a constant annoyance to an eyesore. One day, the wife will relent to the financial loss and allow me to put it and the rest of the setup at the end of the driveway.

Last but not least, I have a two-year-old Monkey. He lives in the garage and has put me on the path to financial ruin. Hahaha

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back