what dose this 3 way switch do ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo2667

Reaction score
dont have a good pic of it but the P/O put a 3 way switch ontop of the right throttle housing. when its pushed forward it opens the v-boost, dose not matter what rpm, middle and back the boost operates normally ! anyone see or heard of anything like this ? :ummm:

Id guess one of the positions opens vboost around 4k rpm and the other around stock...so just before 6k. I know you said the other two seem stock but thats the only thing that makes sense to me. Also i see your from jersey. I dont get out on my bike much but i was thinking of trying to setup a ride with a couple of jersey and eastern pa guys this summer if youd be interested

I have Z-boost and hooked up a 3 way switch on the left turn signal housing. I used one of the "top gun" style flip switches. It's turned sideways so I can flip the safety cover up with my thumb and push the switch to the right for V-Boost on. The Middle position is V-Boost off at all times and the right position is V-boost on at 3000 RPM (nevere use this setting....nothing like going thru a turn and having the V-Boost kick in....makes for one of those "oh shit" moments)
Want some close up pics let me know. It's a cool look and most people think it is a NOS switch. (call it my FAH-Q switch)

Darren

With gas prices today, I don't think I could afford to leave the V-boost on all the time! Sure would make for short trips before re-fueling too. Having said that, I think I'll just go ON or NORMAL with a two way switch when I wire mine up :clapping:

Vboost always on is fine if ur jetted for it. Got 43 mpg on my way to pitts last yr

With gas prices today, I don't think I could afford to leave the V-boost on all the time! Sure would make for short trips before re-fueling too. Having said that, I think I'll just go ON or NORMAL with a two way switch when I wire mine up :clapping:

thanks to all ! also at idle it sounds real bad-ass like you just put a heavy cam in it ! great for the common pain in the ass kids on their "neato" 650 crotch rockets ! LOL

Back