What fuel pump and sync tool?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoke

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just got a few questions for the fellow maxxers. First, is are there any suggestions for fuel pump mod(aftermarket), and how much pressure is actually needed? Lastly, what carb sync tool is needed for no vboost carb system Chris was telling me but I was zoned, at the track sorry, chris. I think I have pin-pointed my smoking problem to the valve seats and being replaced this winter. Any info will be greatly respected thanks in advance.

Hello all,

Just got a few questions for the fellow maxxers. First, is are there any suggestions for fuel pump mod(aftermarket), and how much pressure is actually needed? Lastly, what carb sync tool is needed for no vboost carb system Chris was telling me but I was zoned, at the track sorry, chris. I think I have pin-pointed my smoking problem to the valve seats and being replaced this winter. Any info will be greatly respected thanks in advance.

AutoZone Pepboys orielys sells a standard electric fuel pump well they sell 2 one is a low (2-4PSI) and the other is a high (4-8psi) I believe the low cost under 40.00 they come in a clear plastic package usually located next to the performance shit.. Low 2-4 psi is more than enough for a VMAX..
As far as a sych tool I am using a basic mercury one with 4 tubes that I bought from JC whitneys years ago for under 30.00 and works great..

I use the Morgan Carbtune for sync and it's great. Richwrench made his own for $15 and is happy with it - talk to him to check this out.

No idea about the FP.

Don't you need something different to sync the carbs without V-Boost? If not, I recommend the Morgan Carbtune.

lankee...

you talking about something like this:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...Id-100000233902/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000233902

?

does it work differently then like a 4-hose type one?

no, that one looks like crap and doesnt look very accurate. I dont see the mercury type sticks on Jc Whitneys any longer. Its hard to get mercury due to the EPA..
The 4 hose vac gauges suck unless you buy some precision ones that start at around 300.00! Dont mess with the cheap vac gauges you will just add them to the pile of shit in your garage that is worthless.
Weber makes a sych tool if you cant close your V-Boost.

Back