What gasket do I need?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCHILDERS

Reaction score
Hey, I've got a question. I'm wanting to replace a gasket on my bike. It's the one under the cover right next to your left foot. I noticed a couple months ago that it was weeping when warm at the upper front corner. I just dabbed a little silicone on it to stop it. Now it's time to change the oil and I thought I might make it right while I'm at it. What gasket is it- part number, where can I get one, how much, and when I pop this cover is a bunch of crap going to jump out at me (fear based on ignorance and bad experience). I'd appreciate whatever you can tell me.
Thanks,
-Travis.

You'll need the gasket and copper crush washer. Clean all gasket surfaces and make sure you don't lose the dowels. They may come out with the cover.

#19 gasket - 3JP-15461-01-00
#22 washer - 90430-06014-00

crankcovers.jpg

You'll need the gasket and copper crush washer. Clean all gasket surfaces and make sure you don't lose the dowels. They may come out with the cover.

#19 gasket - 3JP-15461-01-00
#22 washer - 90430-06014-00

crankcovers.jpg

So in this picture above, #'s 19, 2 and 30 are gaskets, correct? I have a leak coming from this area and was just going to take the entire thing apart and replace ALL of the gaskets to make sure I stopped it for good! Anyone know those part numbers/names for those particular gaskets? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! By the way, is this one #30???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c53e7077d

Correct, you also need #22. That Ebay link is for the bottom pan gasket I believe.

19 3JP-15461-01-00
30 3JP-15462-01-00
2 3JP-15451-01-00
22 90430-06014-00

The left foot peg mount will need to come off, then the shift lever. The rear smaller (middle gear) cover will need to come off first then the front generator cover due to the stator wires, have something like a small box handy so you can rest the gen cover on it. The gen cover will hold on because of the magnets proximity between the parts so some gentle pulling will be needed then it will jump out at you when you over come the pull of the magnet. I like to put the alignment pins on the block side with the gasket and mount the cover clean. Make sure that the copper washer on the small middle gear cover goes to the 6 O'clock position.

I bought a little box of those sealing washers at the cycle gear store. I like to pull that bottom bolt and drain that sump at oil change. You might price those gaskets at Yamahapartsdepot.com low prices good service. So far anyway.

Latest posts

Back