What is the best coolant to use in the vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure - the shocks are Progressive 440's which require the mounting to be with the 'shaft' on the bottom for the inertia valves to work (or so the instructions say!) and I fit the center stand temporarily while wrenching on it - without the spring installed. Actually, that day I installed the shocks, removed the exhaust (for ceramic coating), changed the oil, coolant, clutch fluid and swapped in some stainless engine & body bolts.. but not necessarily in that order :)

The other side (with an empty bottle of coolant hiding behind the water jug):

Attachments

• IMG_20111203_144204.jpg
    IMG_20111203_144204.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 34
Not to beat a dead horse, but another up-side to the Engine Ice stuff is it's supposed to be biodegradable. If there are some drippings while changing coolant, no worries, I think! (hope?)

A rainy day, and fresh coolant in my 'max:

One of the reasons I use it, just in case there's any spilled I don't have to worry about my cat or my dogs needing to go to the Vet. I believe it is a superior product:

I used Blue engine ice in my CR500R, My KLX400R, my CRF540R and my kids CRF250R, her Husky CR125 and her YZ80 and YZ85.

Those 4 stroke Uni-Cam Honda Engines are like mini F1 Engines, they Rev Super high (exceed 13-15K RPM's depending on the mods and size ) and they have very high compression.

Top end rebuilds are common with them...less so if you bump up the volume of fluid (boysen water pumps) and use Ice. Mushroomed valves, smoked pistons and rings all suffer from the heat. Seen it and paid good money to correct it. After switching to the ICE I got 2 seasons of hard riding out of the Hondas without needing to re-build the top ends.

My two strokes lasted a bit longer between top ends as well after I switched to the Ice. Especially my CR500R.

I'm no Engineer but I have seen the difference with my own toys, I'll keep using it.

Back