What needles are these?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxrooky

Reaction score
One is a stock needle and the other is unknown?? My bike didn't like the stock needles at all it was choking and sputtering and almost back fired threw the carbs ... Went from 155 main jets down to 152.5 gunna see how she runs.. 100 paj and the other is 170....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 53
the bottom is a stage 1 or stage 7 needle

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

is factory pro any good? its not a stage 7... the stage 7 looks way longer than my needle and my needle is a hair longer than the stock one.....I have the smog canister hooked up I don't know why my bike hated those needles so badly? Any one have a clue why it didn't run worth a darn with the stock needles?

how many turns are the afr screws turned to?

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

i havent seen them even thou i have a cdn bike, but from what i hear cdn bikes have adjustable needles. dannymax might have a pic of one to compare with....

for sure not a stg 7, they have 6 clip pos and skinnier

Factory pros are good but I read somewhere, probably on the DJ website, that they're titanium and will wear out the brass tube.

For sure FP needle on the bottom. It should have run just fine with the stock needle so not sure if you have some other mods not mentioned or overlooked? You have to reinstall the complete airbox and faux tank cover before you do any testing.

Sean

well the a/f mixture are set on 2 1/2 turns out.. Sean I didn't put the airbox back on cause it ran so crappy with the stock needles so put the I guess you all figured out the FP needles back in and put the clip on the second one from the blunt end.. It was set in the middle.. It fired up just fine and the airbox was off also? Have marks 4 into 2 exhaust k&n drop in replacement filter jets behind the diaphragm are 170 and the jets under the air box are 100 had 155 main jets but was running really rich so dropped them down to 152.5.. Bike is only getting 20-22MPG which I think is way to low?

Ian, my stock bike barely runs with the cover off the air box. Rand.

+1 When I first got my max I pulled off the air box to see the carbs "work". It ran terrible. I thought I screwed something up. Put the air box back on, and it ran great.

^ Same here, My Bike has Stock Jetting and it will Only run with the Airbox off if I keep twisting the Throttle.

That's why you are the "Rooky" lol. The bike will not run well without the restriction that the airbox provides. Try it again with the stock needles and the airbox AND faux cover in place and see if that doesn't help it!

Sean

Just took her out again and seems better? Ya with the air box off is sounded like crap and barely ran popping and stuff was scared cause that usually means way to lean I twisted the throttle gas squirted up and it fell on its face so I didn't wanna blow her up??

This is a fairy new plug.. Didn't chop it just took her on the freeway and back though town..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 25
Just to let you guys know.. When running stock jets you have to put the air box on the carbs... It also helps when trying to restart the bike it might help to put the spark plug back in that you just snapped a pic of to show your buddies on a forum.... PALM TO THE FACE!!!! Lol

Just to let you guys know.. When running stock jets you have to put the air box on the carbs... It also helps when trying to restart the bike it might help to put the spark plug back in that you just snapped a pic of to show your buddies on a forum.... PALM TO THE FACE!!!! Lol

No comment.:whistlin:

i havent seen them even thou i have a cdn bike, but from what i hear cdn bikes have adjustable needles. dannymax might have a pic of one to compare with....

for sure not a stg 7, they have 6 clip pos and skinnier

verified and fact,
07 cdn max.

peace,
evan...

Back