What was your first (street) bike???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max01red

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone started out with....

Mine was a 73 Honda CB350....it looked pretty much like the one in the picture below (its a 71, but they didn't change much)..Man I thought I was cool, on that thing (I was 16 lmao)....

Attachments

• CB350.jpg
    CB350.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 6
been riding dirtbikes since i was 5 years old. but as far as street bikes are concerned my first was a 1996 honda CBR-600 F3 i bought new. i only put a lil over 6,000 miles on it b4 i sold it, but most of those miles were at the dragstrip. my best 1/4 time ever on it was a 12.24 @ 114 mph with a 4,600 ft density altitude. i put a kerker header and exhaust on it with a dynojet kit. the ram air was a pretty cool thing that you could feel working at speeds above 100 mph.

I rode dirt bikes since about the time I could walk as well...to be honost I couldn't even tell you what my first dirt bikes were...I still love dirt bikes and ATV's, to bad its such a pain in the ass to find anywhere to ride them anymore..

1970 honda cb350.....bought for 200.00 in 86 while in the army.
I'll post a picture later when I scan 1.

My first road bike was a new 1986 Yamaha Radian.

Attachments

• radian 2.jpg
    radian 2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Bike I got my licence on: 80 650 Maxim (moms bike)
Bike I actually rode on: 82 750 Maxim (dads bike)
First Bike I bought myself: 83 Seca Turbo (Still have it)

Sean Morley

I learned to ride and rode my Mom's BMW R65S from age 14 until moving out on my own. Hers was blue. Rode it all through H.S.

Shortly, after I moved out I traded my Firebird for a 1992 Yamaha FZR 600.
coolgleamA.gif
Mine had an F1 slip on.
I had that until it was stolen.
30.gif

Come on 4gasem, where is that KZ440.

Attachments

• moms bike.jpg
    moms bike.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 6
  • My 1st Bike.jpg
    My 1st Bike.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 7
My first bike was a 1997 Suzuki Savage 650cc 1 cylinder.

Sounded like a 4 wheeler on steroids after I piped it lol.

first street legal bike was a Yamaha Xt 600 or klr600, both dual sports, i had both at the same time i think, but then first regular street bike was a 1992 Seca-II, best riding,handling,beginner bike i've ever rode.

My first bike was this 1958 Triumph Thunderbird that I bought in 1966 when I was 16 years old. It was a slug.
1958Triumph.jpg

My first streetbike - '88 Honda XL600V Transalp. ON-OFF road bike with abias toward on.
'96 Honda CB750 nighthawk. Handled like a V-max, accellerated like a moped.
'99 Suzuki SV650 naked. Handled like a dream. Wish I hadn't sold it.
'96 VMAX.

Come on 4gasem, where is that KZ440.

That's right... I had a KZ440LTD Belt Drive as my first bike... Bought it well used but it ran awesome and after some TLC looked damn near new. Took off the ape hangers and installed straight bars and relocated the blinkers and put on a Mac exhaust. :coolgleamA: If I remember right the 440 with my VERY FAT A$$ showed the Bimmer a thing or two...

That thing ran like a top and I sold it for a measly 800 bucks...:bang head: I should have just kept it I guess...

Then I went to a late model CB750 and then to a CB700SC Super Chicken, then the SV1000S and then the Vmax... Well not then as much as also...:thumbs up:

No pics of any of them but the SV and Max as I didn't have a digital camera and I am way to lazy to look up pics on the web or scan the ones I have...

Back