When you work on your bike how do you plan it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's more annoying? Getting done with a project and seeing ONE(1) little screw or washer remaining there w/o knowing where it goes, or being just ONE(1) fricken screw away from being finished only to have it slip outta your hand and go down into some tiny recess on the bike to where you have to partially disassemble something in order to retrieve it?

I try not to let things get out of hand...I've had a few projects that ended stalled eternally, due to that. Here is one that we are working on, from the ground up:

http://zx1441r.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=761

We know what we are getting into with that one, though. I have few others that are stuck in the "taken apart and not put back together" phase. :bang head:

That's another reason I am just tinkering with my V-Max, and not biting off too much at once, no matter how tempted I get!

What's more annoying? Getting done with a project and seeing ONE(1) little screw or washer remaining there w/o knowing where it goes, or being just ONE(1) fricken screw away from being finished only to have it slip outta your hand and go down into some tiny recess on the bike to where you have to partially disassemble something in order to retrieve it?

# 3 ) Can't locate that last screw ............... , anywhere , and nothing in the screw drawer matches .

I work on my bike as things go wrong with it... Never mess with something that's working!
Of course, I do realize that the above statement violates the Mod Monkey Creed - and for that, I humbly apologize....

In reference to dropping a screw into an inaccessible spot.... My buddy once dropped a wrench down the timing chain cavity in an old Suzuki Katana 1000. Had the screw type adjusters, and he was just doing the last valve, when a wasp lit on his hand. He screamed like a little girl, and dropped the wrench all the way to the bottom of the case.....

Being good, true friends - we offered to turn the bike upside down and shake it till the wrench came out. He didn't think too much of THAT idea (?), so I took him to the auto parts store to get a magnet on a stick. Got the wrench out in no time, then the cheap bastard took the magnet back to the store for a refund!!

In reference to dropping a screw into an inaccessible spot.... My buddy once dropped a wrench down the timing chain cavity in an old Suzuki Katana 1000. Had the screw type adjusters, and he was just doing the last valve, when a wasp lit on his hand. He screamed like a little girl, and dropped the wrench all the way to the bottom of the case.....

Being good, true friends - we offered to turn the bike upside down and shake it till the wrench came out. He didn't think too much of THAT idea (?), so I took him to the auto parts store to get a magnet on a stick. Got the wrench out in no time, then the cheap bastard took the magnet back to the store for a refund!!

I've done it. :rofl_200:

People like that are why the big stores in FL won't accept chain saw returns after a storm, once people use them to clear deadfall & uprooted trees, they were returning them! I hate cheapskates.

Like the acquaintance who asks for help & won't spring for refreshments, expecting you to provide labor for free, and your own food/drink! :damn angry:

Latest posts

Back