which one looks better?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatatjoz

Reaction score
Clear or diamond plate clutch cover insert?
I'm leaning toward the diamond plate, but it's missing something. Maybe a inverted H-D bar and shield in the center :biglaugh:
I made matching scoop inserts too.
I like the clear, but since you can't actually see the clutch doing much of anything, I'm not sure if I'll put the window in there or not.

so there you go. if it looks stupid let me know, you won't hurt my feelings.

Attachments

• check.jpg
    check.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 58
  • clear.jpg
    clear.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 55
  • diamond.jpg
    diamond.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 52
I am not a diamond tread on motorcycles kind of guy. Very pickup truck bed box looking... Any plates in the scoops make them LOOK fake... At least people think they're real with the factory screens in place...:whistlin:

The clear cover is something a lot of Vmax guys do. I would paint or anodize the clutch plate either the body color or my favorite color... Black...:clapping:

It looks like you did a great job making them though...

Sorry if my opinion wasn't what you wanted to hear, but you said be truthful...:whistlin:

I say do what YOU like. That's what makes all these bikes indiviual.I also do not like to say I do not like the look of something as I am sure not everybody likes what I have done with mine.Its all personal taste.Right- the ANTI-SHAWN? LOL!

Clear or diamond plate clutch cover insert?
I'm leaning toward the diamond plate, but it's missing something. Maybe a inverted H-D bar and shield in the center :biglaugh:
I made matching scoop inserts too.
I like the clear, but since you can't actually see the clutch doing much of anything, I'm not sure if I'll put the window in there or not.

so there you go. if it looks stupid let me know, you won't hurt my feelings.

I don't recommend closing that right scoop all the way.That is the only side that does do some breathing.

I still like it, but I'm having second thoughts on polishing!
Will flat black stick to this stuff?

looks like an early venture clutch plate in that clear cover. We just had one chromed to use in Kevins bike. Should look good glittering in the engine.

Sean

I think the diamond plate looks OK. I like the look of it in the scoop. For the clutch cover, it looks like you need another piece of diamond plate somewhere else to balance it out.

I like the diamond plate, but not for the scoops. I think that if you could MAKE the scoops and side covers with that metal and powder coat them black,l it would like good. Very hard core industrial.

Latest posts

Back