Why buy the 2.5'' baffle for kerker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
I did not want to spend the money for the 2.5'' baffle so i modified the stock one. I cut off the corrigated piece that comes off of the tip. and then to help with the flow problems i drilled 12 holes in the end cap where the slots are at. And I know this is useless w/o pics so i will get some up. and o ya the sound is great. not as loud as no baffle but loud enough to be heard.

Sounds like a good idea, I'm interested in seeing the pictures. I didn't want to buy a new one either, but I just happened to stumble across a used one at the local dealership and sold the baffle and the end cap to me for $60. I like having the option to always going to a quieter exhaust, but I haven't needed to... knock on wood.

Jeff

I made my own 2-5 kerker baffle with pipe from my local auto parts store
Than I put it in a vice and drilled a bunch of holes dremeled out the end cap for the larger pipe done deal
Kerker 2-5 in baffle cost four dollars and change and a sore arm from drilling 100+ holes

I did not want to spend the money for the 2.5'' baffle so i modified the stock one. I cut off the corrigated piece that comes off of the tip. and then to help with the flow problems i drilled 12 holes in the end cap where the slots are at. And I know this is useless w/o pics so i will get some up. and o ya the sound is great. not as loud as no baffle but loud enough to be heard.

Your exhaust flow still has to flow through that small diameter pipe

this is what i did 2" hole saw to the middle and then a cycle shack 2.5" baffle fits perfectly into the endcap then a little wrap around the baffle and the thing is great . also had to use a little longer allens so that they hold the baffle in place so that it would not fall out of the endcap.

Attachments

• PICT1408.jpg
    PICT1408.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 60
  • PICT1409.jpg
    PICT1409.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 57
  • PICT1410.jpg
    PICT1410.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 55
Mine must be bigger a 2.75 I think than. I would have never thought I would be bragging about my 2.75 is bigger than yours ...:rofl_200:

Ok back to the baffle thing. When I made my comp baffle the end cap had to be opened up almost to the indentations on the cap so it must be a 2.75. I have never measured it but I wrapped it in heat insulation from an industrial supplier about 3-4 yrs ago and it still hasnt burnt out.

Latest posts

Back