World War II posters

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
I know they were propaganda, but they were GOOD propaganda

What happened to our country?

If people were as gutless then as they are now, we'd be speaking German, or at minumum living in isolationaist hell, and Europe would be controlled by the Germans and Italians......There'd be no Jews

Sometimes doing the right thing isn't fun or popular, but that doesn't make it not right....

Attachments

• ww14.jpg
    ww14.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 25
  • ww19.jpg
    ww19.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 18
  • ww18.jpg
    ww18.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 23
  • ww23.jpg
    ww23.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 19
  • ww20.jpg
    ww20.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 24
  • ww8.jpg
    ww8.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 20
  • ww21.jpg
    ww21.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 18
  • ww17.jpg
    ww17.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 19
  • ww4.jpg
    ww4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 24
  • ww13.jpg
    ww13.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 22
My Dad was a WWII veteran. He was drafted into the Army, and became a Sgt, with a 50cal machine gun squad. He fought in North Africa, and was captured by the Germans at Anzio. He was (and is) a hero to me. God called him home on October 20, 1990. I found him in his bed, eyes closed. But it sure looked to me like the last thing he saw on this Earth was a photograph of my Mom that was on the wall, directly where he was looking when he closed his eyes for the last time. Mom passed away on March 6, 1983.

I miss them both. He was a warrior in WWII, and she stayed home for him, till he returned. He was able to get a few leters off to her from the POW camp, and I treasure them.

Here are few more....

Attachments

• ww15.jpg
    ww15.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 8
  • ww12.jpg
    ww12.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 8
  • ww10.jpg
    ww10.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 7
  • ww9.jpg
    ww9.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 9
  • ww7.jpg
    ww7.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 9
  • ww6.jpg
    ww6.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 8
  • ww5.jpg
    ww5.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 9
  • ww3.jpg
    ww3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 7
  • ww2.jpg
    ww2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 4
  • ww1.jpg
    ww1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 8
I still believe that was America's greatest generation in its history. In terms of heroism, sacrifice and changing/improving the country. America peaked during that generation's time and has been going downhill ever since.... :twocents:

Have to agree with you there, Cman. America still has some true heroes, but back then they all had a much greater sense of duty and sacrifice for the better good of our country.

Cool posters, Rusty. Where did you find them? These would look great on my garage wall.

A friend sent them to me recently..I converted them to Jpeg....They could probably be printed up cheap enough, but don't know if the resolution is good enough for that.

I know they were propaganda, but they were GOOD propaganda

What happened to our country?

If people were as gutless then as they are now, we'd be speaking German, or at minumum living in isolationaist hell, and Europe would be controlled by the Germans and Italians......There'd be no Jews

Sometimes doing the right thing isn't fun or popular, but that doesn't make it not right....

Well said and so true. It's refreshing to read threads like these. Just like Bill, I came from a proud military family. We have people traced all the way back that fought in every war dating back to the Civil War. I am very proud of this. I too agree that WWII was the greatest generation hands down. It was a different time back then. People volunteered and fought for the love of country and many that couldn't contribute because of age or medical issues would still do their part in supporting the war effort in one way or the other. Also, I believe that WWII was also a war that was widely supported by most people in America too. OIF & OEF support seems to be split down the middle because of political devicsiviness. With this said about the WWII generation, in no way am I taking away anything from ANY veterans from ANY conflict past or present and am grateful to all. On a personal note, I have witnessed acts of bravery, heroism and selfless service from young Soldiers of our current generation that would make your jaw drop in amazment and stand in awe. We all understood what we were there for and what it was all about but the greatest motivating factor was the man to your left and right. When it came down to it, that was all that mattered. It's only till you get home and take time to put everything into perspective that you can appreciate and truly understand the big picture. I cannot and do not speak for all but this was the case for me. Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is that public opinion and the American spirit goes a long way in how wars are fought and won. I can only pray for the future of our country and hope that the current and future generations preserve what made this country great.

:flagwaver:

Latest posts

Back