Would you buy a house right now?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a house right now?

• Yes

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
But just just try to get a loan???? Most want 20% down(minimum) and a credit rating of over 700.

Lew

Thankfully I'm in the Military. I have a sure paycheck for the next five years, and the VA loan at my disposal. I got a loan with okay credit with nothing down at 4.5% on a $135k new construction. :eusa_dance:

Thankfully I'm in the Military. I have a sure paycheck for the next five years, and the VA loan at my disposal. I got a loan with okay credit with nothing down at 4.5% on a $135k new construction. :eusa_dance:

Ahhhhheeemmm! Have you been watching ANY tv lately? There's some new guy headed for the White House after the first of next year. He's most likely going to send a couple million military personel home on permanent leave. Are you sure you won't be one of them? We all hope not, buy you never really know.

Ahhhhheeemmm! Have you been watching ANY tv lately? There's some new guy headed for the White House after the first of next year. He's most likely going to send a couple million military personel home on permanent leave. Are you sure you won't be one of them? We all hope not, buy you never really know.

LOL! The military doesn't lay any one off. They will have you sit around and clean clean clean and train train train until your contract is up.
Now when Clinton was in office. He enticed a bunch of people to forgo their military contract and end it early with a bonus. But it was never a forced lay off, it was strickly voluntary.

LOL! The military doesn't lay any one off. They will have you sit around and clean clean clean and train train train until your contract is up.
Now when Clinton was in office. He enticed a bunch of people to forgo their military contract and end it early with a bonus. But it was never a forced lay off, it was strickly voluntary.

Man, a layoff would of been sweet music to my ears. Hurry up and wait!

First off, don't believe 50% of what TV has to say, and question the other 50%.

Secondly, we don't even have a 'couple million' (not counting reserve and national guard). So that's out of the question.

Third. We still have two wars going on, bonuses are still high because retention is low, and there will always be a war going on somewhere. There will always be people who hate us.

Fourth. I'm one of the last people that would ever get 'laid off'. :eek:h yeah:

So to answer your questions directly, yes I do watch TV (to see how bad they twist the truth that we create over here). I'm sure I won't be 'one of them'. And yes, I do know. :banana:

Re: Would you buy a house in Utah?

Okay, thanks everyone for the replies so far.

Let's get more specific. Would you buy a house in Utah right now?

No Good, Man!!! :biglaugh: This poll is skewed!!! :biglaugh:
There are 28 people who already voted!! :eusa_dance: Can't change the rules now!! :ummm:
Ballott box stuffing is going on here!!! :bang head:
This cannot be allowed!! :confused2:
This is America, that kind of stuff ain't legal!!! :rofl_200:

Ummm, Utah?.................Nah, I live in New York.

I wouldn't buy diddly right now on credit. Cash or walk. Let someone else continue to hold the paper on a rental place. If some stability begins to hit the economy (and I don't see it for a while), then perhaps jump.

The market has dropped about 1,600 points since the Messiah was elected. Bottom isn't in sight, yet.

The MESSIAH huh! :biglaugh:
I don't track this stuff, but doesn't 'consumer confidence' normally rise after a pres. election is over and the market usually begins to go up right away?
Or is this more or less a normal post pres elect reaction?

The MESSIAH huh! :biglaugh:
I don't track this stuff, but doesn't 'consumer confidence' normally rise after a pres. election is over and the market usually begins to go up right away?
Or is this more or less a normal post pres elect reaction?

This drop (and it isn't over yet) is the largest in history following a presidential election.

Oh, and the 'Messiah' comment was not a term of endearment.

This drop (and it isn't over yet) is the largest in history following a presidential election.

Oh, and the 'Messiah' comment was not a term of endearment.

He was a dick when he came here to Afghanistan. He only spoke to Karzi when he landed. Then he came here to Bagram and had a photo op and the basketball court, and then left. He didn't speak to any of the soldiers. But on the news, they sure did play it up that he was over here 'visiting the troops'.

On the other hand, comedian Gabriel Iglasias (sp?) was here tonight, and spent quite a bit of time on and off stage with the troops. As did the Yin Yang Twins. Even though I'm not a fan of their music, it's cool of them to volunteer their time.

At the risk of being excommunicated for telling this joke.......

Isn't it ironic that the most powerful "hmmm, eemmmmm, clearing throat" "guy" in the United states is still living in government funded housing?

I put in an offer on a house and then was told I had to prequal with Countrywide. Already have 2 prequals from A+ lenders. Screw that. I ain't gettin' into bed with CountryFried....

Offer promptly withdrawn.

My house is paid for. :eusa_dance:
If I had the money and was 20 yrs younger I would buy a second ...Correct that if I had the money I would buy as many as I could!!

Trust me, this will pass, 10 yrs from now you'll be says "I remember when I could have bought that house for only $??.
This is the voice of experience speaking.

ab

Back