Yamaha FJ1200 vs VMax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
Was looking at local for sale ads the other day and saw a pretty sweet 80's model FJ1200. Got to thinking about its numbers. Looks like it would have been a nice ride and a good powerhouse.

So would it outrun the Max off the line? Top end? Anybody ever own one of these beauties?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_FJ1200

Was looking at local for sale ads the other day and saw a pretty sweet 80's model FJ1200. Got to thinking about its numbers. Looks like it would have been a nice ride and a good powerhouse.

So would it outrun the Max off the line? Top end? Anybody ever own one of these beauties?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_FJ1200
I had ridden that bitch once :D
Nice bike, have some potential but its no compare to v-max.
Its a turistic bike with long gears for fuel economy, you may fall asleep even on it :rofl_200:
Nice look if you like sport/turistic bikes also cheepo bike.

Not in my type anyway.

FJ1200 has about a 155-158 mph top end. Not quite as much acceleration. Nice bike to make into a sport tourer though.

I once owned a 1981 Honda cb 900 f super sport and my best friend had a nice FJ1200 and I never had a problem keeping up with him and even smoked him off the line (or crosswalk) a few times but, I always loved that FJ and in it`s time it was an awesome bike but, the vmax is a whole different animal.:biglaugh:
If I had the money, I would buy an FJ1200 just to have and enjoy which in my opinion is why we ride anyway right ??:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>

Always interesting comparing older bikes.

My friend has a Honda CBR-1000 Hurricane... not sure the year... mid 80s... just rode it last night. Feels like a dirt bike to me after getting off the Max onto it. Good power too when that engine spools up...

Back