Yamaha not carrying Vmax after 2020

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have hoped Yamaha would make the 3rd Gen.
What a shame there are v-max prototypes in 2.1lt, 2lt, 1900cc, 1800cc in existence and Yamaha will not make any of them.

Hopefully if it is re-released it ends up not being a "parts bike" like so many manufacturers end up doing these days . So many bikes anymore have so little "soul" just another pile of plastic that has no character to it.
The big bike market is collapsing, any Gen, 3 will have to be a parts bike,,,or a rework of the Gen 1, frame, motor, suspension, electronics. I will buy one in a second.

I had one for a little over a year. Sold it back in February. I was planning on buying another one, new this time, the beginning of 2022. Not sure how much old stock they'll have left to sell by then. I know they didn't produce a lot to begin with compared to other models. Not really worried...used bikes will still be out there.

Let's face it the VMAX is a rude machine as discussed above. Also where does it fit in? I know we all love our VMAX's. But kind of in a class by itself.

I'd like to see a Gen3 like the rest. I'm a sport touring guy.. my buddy has a Kawasaki H2 SX LE I think it is. Supercharged inline 4 200 HP. Low 400 pounds I believe.

I'd like to see maybe a 1000-1500 cc supercharged or 2 superchargers V4. 250 HP. Shaft drive. 6+ gal tank. Nice hard bags. 400-450 # range. With a Center Stand!

Any other suggestions we can offer Yamaha for a Gen3?

Let's face it the VMAX is a rude machine as discussed above. Also where does it fit in? I know we all love our VMAX's. But kind of in a class by itself.

I'd like to see a Gen3 like the rest. I'm a sport touring guy.. my buddy has a Kawasaki H2 SX LE I think it is. Supercharged inline 4 200 HP. Low 400 pounds I believe.

I'd like to see maybe a 1000-1500 cc supercharged or 2 superchargers V4. 250 HP. Shaft drive. 6+ gal tank. Nice hard bags. 400-450 # range. With a Center Stand!

Any other suggestions we can offer Yamaha for a Gen3?
I think you want a Rocket 3,,or maybe just a roadster auto?

I’m firmly with the, lets actually update the GEN one platform with mono shock drop some weight up the power improve the brakes handling blah blah blah and make it the baddest ass Sport cruiser that mankind has ever seen.

I see. So let me go back to this:

They did that already with the new rocket. Dropped weight, made it smaller, and now it's just a wanna be sports bike with bad handling and no one wants it.

We're not talking about a rocket. We're talking about a Vmax. The two aren't remotely related.

The rocket is a bloated inline 2.5 liter 3 cylinder, not a V4. It's basically a car engine, not a bike engine.

It's about the same size as a Gen 1 Vmax. It's the same length, has a longer wheel base, the same height, the same width basically and actually weights A LOT MORE than a Vmax. (Rocket 3 dry is 641.5 pounds, a full 10 pounds MORE than the Vmax wet weight.

I don't know what you're smoking, but pass some this way. I'd like to see what color the sky is in your world.

Yeah , I could see an improved version of the Gen 1 , give a choice on chain drive or shaft , better fuel range , Fuel Injection 1300cc block so many options are available or could be if Mother Yamaha would listen to the owners of the V-Max , but that is me living in a dream world !

Back