Yes, No, Maybe ....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you buy the Kosman let's wait and see how it goes with the Carrozzeria wheels (they are checking to see if they will make me a special run).

Sean

Damn it Sean!!! I just had Kosman do my rear wheel!!! LOL :bang head: I still am VERY interested in this if the $$ is right though! Motorcycle wheels are such a goddamn ripoff though, makes me sick I can buy 4 nice Weld wheels with M/T rubber for the car at HALF what it costs just for 2 bike wheels.... stupid....

Yes, it's rude for sure. They make 17" wheels at Carr now but they are checking to see if they will make me a special run.

Yes, it's rude for sure. They make 17" wheels at Carr now but they are checking to see if they will make me a special run.

I'll send you an email and you can keep me posted that way if you want.. I like the way the Kosman looks but I can tell it's heavier and I don't like that part...

I have an 18" Kosman on my Max. Powdercoated black. Prefer the 18" for several reasons but not as many tire choices. I have a 170/60R-18 tire which is about .4" taller than stock. Had to do the washer swap to get it to fit as it rubbed on the left side. Most 18" radial tires available that fit without swingarm mods are 160/60R-18 which is almost exactly the same height as stock. My front is a 110/80R-18. About .8" shorter than stock. A 120/70R-18 is available (1.2" shorter than stock) but not recommended for the narrow stock wheel. That said, many do run it anyway.

You may want to consider notching and bracing the swingarm while you're considering radials. I run a Michelin Pilot Power 2 CT 190 / 17 with room to spare on the '98 . Tightens up the rear end with the bracing as well.

..... and it keeps the monkey happy , for a while . :punk:

Attachments

• Swingarm, notched, braced & P.C. - 3.jpg
    Swingarm, notched, braced & P.C. - 3.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 11
  • 7-19-11 610.jpg
    7-19-11 610.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 13
I will keep a eye on this thread as I would love to have a set of 18" wheels, PC or anodized gloss black. Hopefully I can afford both at once if not I would get the rear wheel and then save for the front. Of course I would like to get a extended/ braced swingarm to finsh up Redbone mods.

yeah right, finished!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

seems the mod monkey has got to you already but in a good way. the radials seem to be one of the best mods to do on the bike. im also scratching my head on putting some on the bike during the off season.

as for the lined overalls, ya for sure would keep you warm but you also might fee like the little kid in "A Christmas story" hahahah

or fleece lined jeans, super warm and practical, anything to keep riding :punk::punk:

You may want to consider notching and bracing the swingarm while you're considering radials. I run a Michelin Pilot Power 2 CT 190 / 17 with room to spare on the '98 . Tightens up the rear end with the bracing as well. :punk:

The 18" wheel extends farther into the swingarm. Since the swingarm narrows, that causes the fit problem. On an unmodified swingarm, 180 to 190 seems to be the largest for a 17" wheel and 160 to 170 for the 18" wheel. If I notched, the 180 would fit I am sure. Not sure about the 190 though. :confused2:

Really don't want to mod the swingarm as I like the centerstand and better selection of exhaust systems. (When I get the extra cash).

Keep us posted Sean on the wheels ,,, I will be needing a set of tires and I would love them to be radials ,,,,be safe guys......:punk:

i run a kkosman rear 17 and a cazz front. awesome on both. the kosman wheels are great but i'd def wait to see what sean has up his sleeve.

Back