Yes, No, Maybe ....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still rolling on Stock wheels and Bias plys, however, I very much want to convert to radials next year ( after I wear this set out. I thought I heard Kosman is no longer doing the conversion, but I could be. ( and hope I am) wrong. Even so you can shop around for used wheels.

Yup! Kosman is the least expensive way into radials....I thought they did a weld-up now tho....the link shows a bolt-up? :ummm:

Either way it's a good deal! :punk:

I'd make sure you're done for this year or have another wheel to send out. It takes a while to get done. Kosman was doing the weldups last time I talked to them,about a month ago. I did get to see Bill's stock front wheel running a radial, no problem either, it fit and looked great(Bill's whole bike is incedible). 110/80 18" radial up front. I want to go this route too Mrs M. The Kosman weldup was a great looking wheel. imho
Steve-o

Before you buy the Kosman let's wait and see how it goes with the Carrozzeria wheels (they are checking to see if they will make me a special run).

Sean

Before you buy the Kosman let's wait and see how it goes with the Carrozzeria wheels (they are checking to see if they will make me a special run).

Sean

I'm going to wait until this riding season is over for sure. Be a few more weeks. How far off is this, ya think??

im-so-jealous.gif

I'm going to wait until this riding season is over for sure. Be a few more weeks. How far off is this, ya think??

The riding season never ends in NE Mississippi. :)

it does for me. i can't stand the cold. i'm a wuss .... unless i get me that big heated suit. ; )

I have an 18" Kosman on my Max. Check my album. Powdercoated black. Prefer the 18" for several reasons but not as many tire choices. I have a 170/60R-18 tire which is about .4" taller than stock. Had to do the washer swap to get it to fit as it rubbed on the left side. Most 18" radial tires available that fit without swingarm mods are 160/60R-18 which is almost exactly the same height as stock. My front is a 110/80R-18. About .8" shorter than stock. A 120/70R-18 is available (1.2" shorter than stock) but not recommended for the narrow stock wheel. That said, many do run it anyway.

Prefer the 18" for several reasons but not as many tire choices

I know they still make quite a few 18" rears for the FZR. You just have to do a lot more shopping around. Still, I am pretty sure I will probably go with 17' when I finally upgrade to radials.

That's EXACTLY what I wear .... lmfao. As much as I love to ride, I'm sure I'll put it on & tough it out.
biglaugh.gif
I've got a set of their arctic coveralls that have stood up to temps and windchills well colder than -40. Great stuff!

Back