You'd think I'd notice that....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
Summer run season is on so I decided to flush my coolant system today. I'm down there by ye olde water pump, and I'll be a sonnofabitch, my lowest motor mount bolt on that side is GONE! :shot:

Where it went to and how long it's been gone is an effing mystery. One more reason for regular inspections!

I can't find the size specs on that bastard either if anyone has their shop manual around. Found a part number but that doesn't do me any good.

Turned out to be an m10 70ish shouldered flange bolt. King bolt only had em in 80mm, so I put a spacer in there and called it good for now. Will order something appropriate in the morning.

RagingMain said:
Lock Tight that sumabitch in there :biglaugh:

Oh I did, and I used a 24" hinge handle and put some German torque on that sucker. It's gud'n'tite.

Funny thing those motor mount bolts! Was working on a Max a couple of weekends ago and during the work noted that one of the motor mounts bolts (actually was the nut on the top right mount) was loose. Tightened with the German torque method and checked the rest of the bolts and they were fine. Funny how one mount could have a loose bolt and the rest were fine. I am blaming the Mod Monkey!:rofl_200:

Back