your best price on gen 2 vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slg888

Reaction score
been shopping, so far got a dealer at $16,800 +tax . total,no prep fees. thats 1100.00 off. any other quotes?

been shopping, so far got a dealer at $16,800 +tax . total,no prep fees. thats 1100.00 off. any other quotes?
with tax its around 17600 think in a short time we will see around 16000 or less i can see them selling at that high price... more money to be made selling at a lower price sell more bikes and more after market crap

I was quoted $16,990 and with taxes my total cost would be just over $18K - no delivery charges or anything. Assuming insurance on this thing won't kill me, I will be putting my deposit down next week!!

Our local dealer said MSRP, no premium above, no less, well see what the market will bear......

I won't be buying a new one anyway...wait till used .....kid in college right now....

There is plenty of room to work with on this bike for the dealers. With the right deposit and talk, you can get a very reasonable deal compared to the initial BS MSRP.

The more you are willing to lay down now, the less you will pay on delivery. Offering your dealer some interest free cash to float on for 4-5 months can do wonders for the out the door price.

I was asked not to tell the price I paid to any potential buyers until I took delivery later this year. I will say it was not as much as most people are bitching about.

Neil

I went in to my local dealer Saturday and shot some bull. That salesman wouldn't even give me a dollar amount. Said he would have to see an invoice first, for Christ's sake. I was amazed. I don't think he thought I was serious. But I sure wouldn't wait for him to get 'an extra' bike in and to review HIS invoice from Yamaha before I ordered one.

Needless to say, if I want to talk turkey for an new Max, I'll have to travel a bit farther to a real dealership to get one. It won't be from the one in JOPLIN, MO.!!!

I went in to my local dealer Saturday and shot some bull. That salesman wouldn't even give me a dollar amount. Said he would have to see an invoice first, for Christ's sake. I was amazed. I don't think he thought I was serious. But I sure wouldn't wait for him to get 'an extra' bike in and to review HIS invoice from Yamaha before I ordered one.

Needless to say, if I want to talk turkey for an new Max, I'll have to travel a bit farther to a real dealership to get one. It won't be from the one in JOPLIN, MO.!!!

Should've went in with more info that he knows... In another thread someone threw out the invoice price and dealer holdback. IIRC it was $15,200.

A good salesman would've found out that info, if even by phone call to yamaha, while you waited. Go to another dealer regardless.

I know it's a little more travel but look up Skyline Yamaha in Waynesville. The people there won't dick around with the price on your Vmax.

$16,900 in Buffalo, NY. My claim # is 262926. There are only around 500 bikes left, folks - don't wait much longer.

500 bikes left!!?? Hmmm....money is really tight at the moment, hopefully I'll have a definite decision by the end of this month!

15,995.00 GBP

=

30,700.87 USD!

:ummm:

That's the great british rip-off for ya - it won't ever get any better... For 15000 bucks, you could buy one here and have it shipped over and still have plenty of change left over!! Only UK customs would screw you all the way :bang head:

$16,990. My claim # is 263399. I wasn't able to find out how many are left but may get that info in a few days.

That's the great british rip-off for ya - it won't ever get any better... For 15000 bucks, you could buy one here and have it shipped over and still have plenty of change left over!! Only UK customs would screw you all the way :bang head:

Rip off Britain is right!
Paying over double the US price for my new Max and just under double the Japanese price for my new car [Nissan GTR (Japan 32kGBP vs UK 59kGBP)].
Emigration has never looked more of an option!

How is it they're getting away with doubling the price?

I wish I knew! :ummm:
Fuel is over 10dollars a gallon here mainly due to tax. :bang head:
Even though the pound is hovering round the 2 dollars to 1 pound mark the rule of thumb is if its 10k in the US its going to be 20k here. :bang head::bang head:
The taxes over here are crippling eg 750 dollars a year road tax on any remotely interesting new (ish) car and we even have to pay 275 dollars a year TV license but you get 10% discount if you are blind!! :bang head::bang head::bang head:
Moving to the US looks more tempting every time I think about it. :punk:

Back