Your tickets in the mail?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

There's some clause in traffic law (securely disguised, I'm sure) that allows for a trial-less citation in certain, decisive cases. They have photo proof of your car running a red light. What's your defense to that? It's an identical car with identical tags? Not gonna fly. They got you, they know it, so they cut the crap and just mail you the ticket.

Prove I was the driver. I have the right to face my accuser.

Prove I was the driver. I have the right to face my accuser.

Thats right. Have them bring the camera into court. They will throw it out before spending time and money on that.

Just like a Speed trap they like to pull down here. One officer in uniform in a State Highway Dept. truck using radar, with chase cars hiding a mile or two down the road. I take my ticket with a smile, because I ALWAYS go to court, even if I am knowingly in the wrong.

All you have to do is ask the officer that wrote the ticket why he stopped you, and when he says that ANOTHER officer actually radared you, and TOLD him to stop you, the judge will throw it out for "Hearsay."

OR

You could just ask to see the radar. By the time you get pulled over, the radar man has already radared a bunch of other people, clearing the radar gun, and/or would have to stop to drive up there to where you are.

If they want to give me a ticket, I will make it as much of a PIA as I can for them.

Mythbusters tested that exact spray and "micro crystal" plate cover and came to the surprising conclusion that neither does a damn thing in realistic conditions. Snapping a photo with your point-and-shoot camera at close range has zero relation to how it works from an off-angle, elevated, specially designed to photo plates, camera. What was your test that yielded such great results? I'd put money the stuff in that can is just gloss urethane clear-cote you can get at a hardware store for a couple bucks.

All those cameras emit radar, or at least all the ones I've encountered in NY do, so even a cheapo radar detector will alert to them on the K band well before you reach the intersection. I'd rather know about the camera than brazenly blow through red lights and hope a can of Pam cooking spray works.

WoW..that's funny, that red light camera I have been going thru for the last 5 years must not be working.:confused2:

Your right, don't buy the stuff it only works on my car, I'm special.

As much fun as burnouts are....they're just way too damn expensive to justify, but I'm also very cheap. Think...that big smoky burnout through second gear just burnt off probably 500 miles worth of rubber in 10 seconds.

Man Tim, first the thing about finding out who's touched your kill switch....now this...you should be on late-night comedy run or something. I've seen feature acts on comedy central that aren't as entertaining as your thought process!

There's some clause in traffic law (securely disguised, I'm sure) that allows for a trial-less citation in certain, decisive cases. They have photo proof of your car running a red light. What's your defense to that? It's an identical car with identical tags? Not gonna fly. They got you, they know it, so they cut the crap and just mail you the ticket.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing RA!!

Late night.......like, REAL LATE NIGHT!!!

Maybe 3 - 4 in the morning when most of the civilian population is fast asleep!!:biglaugh:

Andrew Dice COPRUNNER!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Back