z 1000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sports bikes and mucell cruisers are not comparable.
its like comparing a hotrod to a lamborghini.
waste of time totally different vehicles :ummm:

attachment.php

Ding ding ding..we have a winner.
That said, NO bike sounds as cool as a gen 1 max. Almost no bike looks as cool as a g1 max.
(Definitely no sport bike does)
oh yea ..and its still pretty dang quick for a 30 year old design.(if that's your thing)

Turns heads everywhere. Looks mean as hell..sounds mean as hell...and you better hang on..cuz she'll bite back. Vmax..is not a lightweight pussy bike.I'll take 2 please.

Carry on.
Ymmv.

I'm with ya V-Four!!.............I like the attidude of the 1st Gen, and even with the 30 year old tech it's still capable of more than I...........................Tom.

Well I just bought a new z1000 2014 last week, It perform a lot better than the vmax I got in every way, not to mention my vmax got lot of upgrade, it is for sale now, the z1000 is a lot more fun to ride and the look in the picture don't give it justice, got to see it in real life, depend on your taste of course.

Attachments

• 526003_10152177087120274_1716419958_n.jpg
    526003_10152177087120274_1716419958_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 2014-Kawasaki-Z1000-ABS-static-ls.jpg
    2014-Kawasaki-Z1000-ABS-static-ls.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 23
" Beauty is in the eye of the beholder "

Beautiful VMax you have there. Hope you get lots of offers for it.

To me , the Z looks like a " Transformer " Not a knock on the bike , it just doesn't do anything for me. Course , I'm an old fart , so there's that. :rofl_200:

Well I just bought a new z1000 2014 last week, It perform a lot better than the vmax I got in every way, not to mention my vmax got lot of upgrade, it is for sale now, the z1000 is a lot more fun to ride and the look in the picture don't give it justice, got to see it in real life, depend on your taste of course.

Yeah this z1000 is either you love it or hate it, everyone got different taste, but it different when you see it in real life, I did not bother with it unitl I seen it in a bike show, then I try it and I was hook.

Thanks mproy. I think a test ride is in my future. I like the look of the bike a lot. Is there anything that you don't like about it so far?

Not really, this thing handle real good, does corner by itself pretty much. The way you sit on it is what sold me the most, but after a test ride, dam this thing goes, no matter what gear your on it always seems to be there ready to go, really a fun bike. The tail section will be change on mine, don't really like the seat there, it will be a hard cover. Other than that I recommend this bike for sure.

How many miles and how much are you asking for the b-king. That might help you sell it. Lee got a test ride on the king on the way to thunder maybe if you beat the price on the z1000 he might take you up on it. That z1000 looks good.

I just looked at your king and it has some nice upgrades. Needs a few more but i like it alot.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the obvious choice. B-King! Perfect mix of power and handling. I'm actually thinking about selling my bike collection and getting a first generation Camaro again, haven't been able to ride anywhere all spring due to shoulder surgery(s). Sucks getting old and falling apart!

Are those Gen 2 Vmax mirrors?

How many miles and how much are you asking for the b-king. That might help you sell it. Lee got a test ride on the king on the way to thunder maybe if you beat the price on the z1000 he might take you up on it. That z1000 looks good.

Those are stock B-King mirrors! Actually, I've got a guy coming down from Michigan to get it TOMORROW, $8000. Once that sells, I will start liquidating the rest of my collection, including my blue 92 VMAX with the VGAS carb setup. Gonna either raise enough money for a nice first generation Camaro, or maybe a 2nd generation VMAX. Still contemplating........my second should surgery went better than the first, so theoretically, I "could" be riding again soon, but long distances, I'm not so sure about. Just think it may be time to switch gears again and get back into the muscle car world. Just playing it by ear! :punk:

theres no real comparisin there totaly diferent bikes
and just wondering how it would fair aganst a gen 2 max not that any max is a sports bike chalk and chees :bang head::bang head:

attachment.php

attachment.php

the 2014 z 1000s not even in the game with that pair
not fair to compair it to a ferst gen thats for all intents and perposes a 1985 model bike

Attachments

• 450px-BMW_S1000_RR_Studio.JPG
    450px-BMW_S1000_RR_Studio.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 2010-yamaha-vmax-11.jpg
    2010-yamaha-vmax-11.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 43
attachment.php

a real world comparison of z1000 v vmax no competition

attachment.php

Attachments

• Kawasaki Z1100A 81.jpg
    Kawasaki Z1100A 81.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 42
  • yamaha v-max.jpg
    yamaha v-max.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 41
I had 3 KZ1000's, a KZ750 & a KZ550. great bikes, lots of fun. But the 1 I held onto is my VMax, 21 years now.

Back