ZRX shocks do fit a V-Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRX/V-MAX

Reaction score
I picked up a spare set of stock KYB/Kayaba ZRX1200 shocks from a friend of mine this weekend, and put them on the Max today.

observations:

they are about 1" longer than the max shocks and I realize this is the opposite way most want to go.

I had to swap the bottom bushings/spacers.

the rear tire now touches the ground when on the center stand.

the swingarm dropped a bit when I took the Max shocks off and i had to compress the Rex shocks a bit to get them on.

the Rex shocks have preload, compression and rebound adjustments.

they look fine to me, not chrome or anything though. the have remote reservoirs, so they still fit the max image IMO.

ZRX1100 shocks would probably be a better choice because they are a bit shorter.

they seemed to ride fine for the short amount of time I've used them. I set all adjustments full soft, and I'll slowly start to stiffen things up a bit.

I don't know that I'd buy any because of the length issues, but since they were availale to me, I think I'll give 'em a whirl.

Pics to follow

Ok then... Lets see a picture!

It has to look like an enduro...:rofl_200: :clapping:

Ok then... Lets see a picture!

It has to look like an enduro...:rofl_200: :clapping:

you suck!

sorry, i forgot to post the pics. here ya go

IMG_1872.jpg

ZRX Shocks

Is any one here running Kawasaki ZRX shocks on there Max. I have been seriously thinking about getting a set for mine just wanted to know how they handled on some elses before I bit the bullet.

Hey Kyle... Search is your friend...

I had to do a tag search but this came right up.

Cheers,
Chris

Hey Kyle... Search is your friend...

I had to do a tag search but this came right up.

Cheers,
Chris
Guess I need to learn to use the search never used it.LOL Oh well I found out what i wanted I dont want to go taller on shocks dang it I really like them shocks & figured they would hold up to weight just fine.

Guess I need to learn to use the search never used it.LOL Oh well I found out what i wanted I dont want to go taller on shocks dang it I really like them shocks & figured they would hold up to weight just fine.

Get an extended swing arm and then BAM! You're golden!

I put them on my 99 and saw a difference right away.
To keep the stock hight I made two pieces of plate to extend the bottom of the shocks rearwards and like was stated in another post changed the bushings. Just put a bolt through the hole and hit it with a hammer and they come out easy.

What year zrx1200 do I need to get these shocks
from?

They are all the same length, I think in 04 and 05 they redesigned the preload adjuster to give one more ramp position.

I would get the newest you can.

ZRX1100 shocks will work as well, but those are going on 10 years old.

Latest posts

Back