Pictures of Rearends Needed!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxcruiser

Reaction score
Please show us your rearends - on the vmax that is!

I thought I would start a new thread for this one. I have recently bought a new 18" rear rim and there's a 3/8 inch offset, but tire lines up in swingarm perfect and tracking is good - I want to see pictures of different custom rear rim/tire combos to see how they look - pictures taken from straight dead center of back of bike.

Mike

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 022 edited.jpg
    022 edited.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 117
Here's my "custom" rear end.

IMG006.jpg

I knew something like this was coming:clapping:LOL

But that's :eek:fftopic: mister and anymore of this and I'll have to throw your :10_6_8:in :jail:

:rofl_200:Mike

heres a quick and dirty(yes my bike is filthy at the moment) shot of my sportmax with a metzler 180/55/18

doug

Attachments

• DSCF0280.jpg
    DSCF0280.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 161
Whats up with all these liscense plates off center:ummm: They must have all the felons make your liscense plates, I would go back and bitch tell them they didnt drill the holes right.:confused2:
Man if it looked that much off on my bike I would redrill the rear fender mount to offset it. Sorry but that looks like Chit!

Its a little sideways also the rear fenders missing also tank cover.....

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 132
first two are of my 89-stock rim with 170 bias ply on rear wheel. next two are of my 97-modified 5.5"x17 gsxr wheel running a 190 radial on the rear wheel. there is an offset on the 97 but the bike tracks thru the corners fine. next year there will be a set of rc's on the 97 and i believe the offset issue will be solved. probably could have got the rims this year, but opted to buy a set of isr radial brake and clutch masters as well as a pair of ohlins piggyback rear shocks to put on next week with the newer 05 r1 front end and otec triples! anyone interested in an 03 r1 front end setup using the cycleoneoff triples?

later odieoh24-3611

Attachments

• 003 - Copy.JPG
    003 - Copy.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 165.jpg
    165.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 166.jpg
    166.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 93
im suprised that offset dosnt bother many people, i dont like it it just dosnt look good to me, noone has came up with a way to center it since 85???!

Here is my rear end.... ok the bikes. Running an 18" RC wheel with a 180 Metzler. Not the best angle to have a pic of.

Attachments

• ad3.jpg
    ad3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 133
next year there will be a set of rc's on the 97 and i believe the offset issue will be solved.

My RC's ( the "wicked's") have at least as much offset as factory, if not more. it's needed for the wide tire without a notched swingarm.

If you look at the RC's the offset COULD be corrected to re-center it if the swingarm was notched to allow it.

The way the center hub bolts to the wheel would allow a spacer to be installed that would move the wheel to the left; assuming you could find someone to machine a spacer and polish it; if done correctly you'de never even notice it was there.

RC might even make one custom if asked, I never have asked.

Rusty

Ok Ok so this is probably not what you wanted but that is all I got for now other that the other "rearends" on this post! :whistlin:

Ok, thanks for the pics so far, keep them coming - but it appears so far that they all have an offset of about 3/8" or so to the right. Now there doesn't appear that it can be moved over easily. So the next option is to move the rear fender and grab bar over to compensate - this would mean bending the two frame tubes that holds the grab bar over to the right by up to 3/8" to the right. Has anybody tried this yet.

Of course, it can always be left as is, but as Clintard states, I too am not crazy about the look as it is.

Mike

I know what you are saying!! The offset does look odd. If/when I get my swingarm notched I am thinking, like Rusty, that I may take my wheel to a machine shop and have them fab up a spacer to move it back left.

Of course, it can always be left as is, but as Clintard states, I too am not crazy about the look as it is.

Mike

To me, Moving the license plate off to the swingarm, and getting rid of the tumour of a tailight, it's not really noticeable unless you look for it, since moving those items takes away the main point of reference.

Attachments

• DSC01015.jpg
    DSC01015.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 119
My 85 with a COO braced/double notched swingarm, COO 17" wheel, and 200 series tire.

Attachments

• 111807_coo_wheel_back.jpg
    111807_coo_wheel_back.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 111807_coo_wheel_side.jpg
    111807_coo_wheel_side.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 82
Niel you must have a pretty awsome wife to put up with those oil spots on the hardwood and a floor jack in the house LOL im cheesin over here

Niel you must have a pretty awsome wife to put up with those oil spots on the hardwood and a floor jack in the house LOL im cheesin over here

She's okay I guess :whistlin:

Took me 15 years to train her to my way or the highway :punk:

Neil

Attachments

• waco_woman.jpg
    waco_woman.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 115
To me, Moving the license plate off to the swingarm, and getting rid of the tumour of a tailight, it's not really noticeable unless you look for it, since moving those items takes away the main point of reference.

Damn no I would disagree in your case its pretty obvious your wheel is of centered. And thats stock isnt it. That tire looks really skinny with no plate over it, what size is that a 150?

Back